What's new

[BETA] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 Beta 1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't know if this is relevant, but I find on my AC88U running Merlin 380.58 or stock firmware, it is often the case that making changes to things like wireless setting necessitate a router reboot to get IPv6 working again.
Thanks for the input. I will give it a try and report back

I don't know if this is relevant, but I find on my AC88U running Merlin 380.58 or stock firmware, it is often the case that making changes to things like wireless setting necessitate a router reboot to get IPv6 working again.
BINGO!! Thanks bud that fixed the problem.

Just out of interest, I was wondering what are people using to measure these reported speeds?

I cross compiled iperf3 to run on the router (it sits on my /jffs and I ssh in and run it manually when needed) but that's there largely to check the powerline networking I'm using (200mb at worst, but I have seen it max out gigabit connections at times), but are people testing throughput between clients or SMB file copies or what?
Mostly wifi sweetspots for device to router and smartspeed app on Phones and tablets. From laptops I use my local ISP's speedtest and Verizon or google fiber speedtest typically. I am not using any "real" network throughput tests. These all tell me what I am looking for.

"necessitate a router reboot to get IPv6 working again."

Some times I have to do a modem off and on to get it to cough up the IPV6 info too.

Mostly wifi sweetspots for device to router and smartspeed app on Phones and tablets. From laptops I use my local ISP's speedtest and Verizon or google fiber speedtest typically. I am not using any "real" network throughput tests. These all tell me what I am looking for.

Ah .. OK, and I see HellBoy2 does similar.

I use speedtest for my broadband connection, but internally I have a combination of wifi and powerline networking, so iperf3 is more appropriate for judging actual line speed throughput between any point and the notional core of my network (I'm also thinking about running a few tests continually to see if the odd hiccup I get on my Amazon FireTV box is the powerline networking or the VDSL connection or just streaming sources buffering or the box overheating and throttling back etc). Diagnosing the fluctuations in powerline networking, for example, is a little tricky to do with ther variables in the mix.

I was just interested really... appreciate the responses.

I redownloaded the AC56U GPL, and it still fails to extract for me. I suspect their web servers are out of sync and there are two different archives on their servers.

It opens with 7zip under windows7, there are updated files from 12th April, same as in the N66 GPL for me, guess I should try under Linux...

IPTV working again for me (BT Youview)
Noticed this is the log a few times though
Apr 26 20:04:18 rstats[457]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/tomato_rstats_305a3ac4edc0.gz. Still trying...

Guessing its to do with traffic analyser?

It opens with 7zip under windows7, there are updated files from 12th April, same as in the N66 GPL for me, guess I should try under Linux...

I only tried 7zip on the GPLs they sent me directly, I didn't retry it again on those from their website as they were failing to unpack with both Winrar and Linux unzip.

I just re-tested with a the RT-AC56U archive, and I get a corrupted, 32 KB tarball.

IPTV working again for me (BT Youview)
Noticed this is the log a few times though
Apr 26 20:04:18 rstats[457]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/tomato_rstats_305a3ac4edc0.gz. Still trying...

Guessing its to do with traffic analyser?

No, it's related to Traffic Monitor.

I redownloaded the AC56U GPL, and it still fails to extract for me. I suspect their web servers are out of sync and there are two different archives on their servers.
There are definitively a bunch of corrupted archives on both the Asuswebstorage AND some of their clustered web servers.
Their web servers are clustered. That's why sometimes when they upload a new firmware, some people can see it and others can't, and it can take 24-48 hours before everyone sees the same thing.
Could the AC56R or AC56S gpl components work for AC56U? I compared the md5 for the files in "/rc/prebuild" and they are the same for this 3 models.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC56R/GPL_RT_AC56R_90043802695.zip
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC56S/GPL_RT_AC56S_90043802695.zip

Hi together

running this Beta 1 on AC68U and for me the Traffic Monitor is finally working like expected. Graphs behave normal and history data for daily usage is finally showing correct numbers (only download grows instead of up and download while downloading).
BUT i needed to switch NAT Accelleration back to "Automatic". While it is disabled (CPU does all) the monitor still showing wrong data.
Anyway i can live with that! Thanks alot! :)

Could the AC56R or AC56S gpl components work for AC56U? I compared the md5 for the files in "/rc/prebuild" and they are the same for this 3 models.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC56R/GPL_RT_AC56R_90043802695.zip
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC56S/GPL_RT_AC56S_90043802695.zip

The RT-AC56R is indeed 100% identical HW-wise, and this archive does unpack properly - thanks.

That leaves only the RT-N66U and RT-AC3200 (for its updated wireless driver) left to dig up.

This is another reason why I only support a select number of models. Imagine going through that to support 15 different models...

BUT i needed to switch NAT Accelleration back to "Automatic". While it is disabled (CPU does all) the monitor still showing wrong data.
Anyway i can live with that! Thanks alot! :)

This is a technical limitation that cannot be worked around.

I can't use RT-AC66U as repeater with 380.xx. It disconnect after 10-15 min for 5 GHz. I test official 9.0.0.4.380.2695 beta. It's same problem.

Main router is RT-AC87U (Merlin 380.58). Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!