What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in original FW 4180 is available option to WAN name "Extend the TTL value" but in RMerlin FW 380.65 beta 3 this option is not available ? Only available for USB Modem...

On a RT-AC5300 in AP mode, one cat-6 tied to port 4 of the ac5300 (no connection to the WAN, its in AP mode), .65 beta3
I have set the time zone and have not changed the time server but I get this

* Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server.
* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting.

LOG: Jul 31 20:04:22 ntp: start NTP update
The time is off on the router also. Says July 31, 2015 as of now and counting.
I tried rebooting and still same.
My apologies if this was a known issue or something I missed to do.

Last edited:

It's the same issue. Follow what I did and it will start working providing you have a similar setup.

When in Ap mode the router needs the the IP address of the primary device behind it,I also added the Dns servers of my isp as well. Once this was done I rebooted and it now syncs with the ntp time servers with no issues and the spamming of the sys log stops. This can be found under the lan tab of the Asus router. Nothing else I tried would work.

For what ever reason with out the primary gateway IP address the router can not communicate with the time server at all and it will not sync. I believe it will also not notify if there is new firmware available as well for the same reason. All other functions as far as internet seem to work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both!!
I did have the gateway in, but no DNS's
So I just added the ac-5300 LAN IP to my main routers MAC to IP reserve list , then set the ac5300 to Get lan IP automatically and connect to DNS server automatically, save.

Those errors are gone, my time and date are correct!
Thank you

Ever given any thought to disabling NAT acceleration when qos is enabled? Ever since using Asus firmware, I always end up having to disable HW acceleration in order for the packets to be properly tagged. Leaving it on renders most of the qos functions useless, just there for looks. (At least on newer units)

Ever given any thought to disabling NAT acceleration when qos is enabled? Ever since using Asus firmware, I always end up having to disable HW acceleration in order for the packets to be properly tagged. Leaving it on renders most of the qos functions useless, just there for looks. (At least on newer units)
I thought it already disabled HW Accel when you enable QoS things?

I havent ran tests in a while because bandwith usage breaks if HWAccel and FA are off.

Didn't seem to do it on the 3100 I am testing. Have seen this before over the years on other units.....

crl-verify crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt

That config file refers to two external files for certificates, hence your error message. Remove the two lines, then manually paste their content in the appropriate fields.

Would be a good idea for your provider to actually embed the content of these two files within the ovpn file itself, otherwise it will fail to import on every device that takes an ovpn as a source (this would fail on mobile devices as well).

That config file refers to two external files for certificates, hence your error message. Remove the two lines, then manually paste their content in the appropriate fields.

Would be a good idea for your provider to actually embed the content of these two files within the ovpn file itself, otherwise it will fail to import on every device that takes an ovpn as a source (this would fail on mobile devices as well).
Will do in the future, thanks for the reply. In the meantime, filling it out by hand works for me as well. I just know that these used to import without issue. Perhaps they have added contents into the ovpn's as time progressed.

Just to clarify, all the issues encountered with 380.65 are specific to only the models below? I ask as I was going to get other Asus models but will stay away and remain with AC68U.

RTAC87U
RTAC5300
RTAC5300R
RTAC88U

No, I'm referring to a bunch of different issues here that are caused by Broadcom's hacks, not just those mentioned in this thread. The device list you see in the quoted code isn't indicative of anything either, since it depends on whether or not a router is compiled with gmac3 enabled. By default the RT-AC87U isn't - the code is just written to be able to handle it IF it were compiled with that mode enabled.

GMAC3 is probably unrelated to the broadcast issues. I was specifically referring to the blank MAC address issues here, which was breaking IPv6 in previous releases for instance.

Why in original FW 4180 is available option to WAN name "Extend the TTL value" but in RMerlin FW 380.65 beta 3 this option is not available ? Only available for USB Modem...

I removed it a few years ago because it was broken - the iptables code it used was causing a syntax error.

Beside, this feature is only needed for one obscure ISP (I think it was in Madagascar) as far as I know.

I uploaded a few Beta 4 test builds (only some models for now) to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire where I reverted the GPL 4180 merge, except for the webui and httpd code.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bj94sbhrh7e49/Test_Builds

Can you test it to see if resolves the printer issues? I don't have any device affected by this issue so I can't test anything, and I can't see any visible code change to explain it, so the issue must lie either in the drivers, or the other closed-source portions of the code.

It's the only thing I can try at this point. If it doesn't work, then you will have to wait for Asus to issue newer GPL code that resolves the issue (which could take a while, China is currently celebrating the lunar new year).

I uploaded a few Beta 4 test builds (only some models for now) to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire where I reverted the GPL 4180 merge, except for the webui and httpd code.

Can you test it to see if resolves the printer issues? I don't have any device affected by this issue so I can't test anything, and I can't see any visible code change to explain it, so the issue must lie either in the drivers, or the other closed-source portions of the code.

It's the only thing I can try at this point. If it doesn't work, then you will have to wait for Asus to issue newer GPL code that resolves the issue (which could take a while, China is currently celebrating the lunar new year).
Will give it a try this evening. Need to clear NVRAM?

Will give it a try this evening. Need to clear NVRAM?

Not sure. Might be necessary if the issue is caused by a changed nvram value.

Why do you think that it relates to this beta/version?
Because the problem occurs only in this version.
These LPT VPN components haven't been changed for a while. Have you tried reflashing?
Yes I tried.
I tried 380.65_beta1, 380.65_beta2, 380.65_beta3.
At this moment I use 380.64_2 - no problems.
On the other hand... CPU's are designed to be active, no harm in this one working.
Harm that the problems start with Internet access and access to the interface of the router.

Thanks! I'll be able to test it out by this evening, but I suspect it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!