What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 Beta and 384.13_3 are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 384.15_beta1 on my AC86u with minimalistic configuration following L&D M&M config. Rock solid with no drops so far in both bands. Only "glitch" I notticed was at the Classification section of Adaptive QoS. I have it unmarked but when I tap on the Classification tab, I'm able to see my clients applications and ports connection for sometime and then it disappears, stating that QoS is disabled. All TrendMicro is off, no scripts and all DHCP clients because I would like to give it a 7 days clean worktime.

Running 384.15_beta1 for few days now without any issues. WiFi speeds are excellent, no drop-outs, OpenVPN client is solid.
I did a dirty upgrade from 384.12 and everything was fine except at first I noticed high RAM usage around 90% or higher.
I did removed all add-ons and reinstalled. RAM steady around 80% since reinstall. Happy to report that all add-ons are working and no drop-out were experienced over 5 days now. VPN is solid (NordVPN). Performance is as good as before.
NAS, Plex media server VPN by-pass is all working fine. Also, tried chrome casting is its working fine without issues.

Running 384.15_beta1 for few days now without any issues. WiFi speeds are excellent, no drop-outs, OpenVPN client is solid.
I did a dirty upgrade from 384.12 and everything was fine except at first I noticed high RAM usage around 90% or higher.
I did removed all add-ons and reinstalled. RAM steady around 80% since reinstall. Happy to report that all add-ons are working and no drop-out were experienced over 5 days now. VPN is solid (NordVPN). Performance is as good as before.
NAS, Plex media server VPN by-pass is all working fine. Also, tried chrome casting is its working fine without issues.

Interesting...I just went back to 384.12 cause it was solid and had no issues. Will wait a bit longer to go to 384.15

Interesting...I just went back to 384.12 cause it was solid and had no issues. Will wait a bit longer to go to 384.15

Same here on my AX88U - while Alpha-1 was super stable I am seeing intermittent drop-outs on Beta-1 - nothing has changed on the config side. Unfortunately there is also nothing in the logs either. The only way to recognize is when lying on the sofa surfing suddenly connection is gone and coming back after 10 secs or so - something that did not happen before. Will revert ot Alpha-2 or 384.13 for now ...

I feel very confident after 5 days that this is a solid version. As good as 384.12. I have been working from home this week, did a lot of Skype video calls, watch Netflix, used Plex and everything is solid. DoT, DNSSEC, VPN is all working fine. Speeds are as good as 384.12 version. No worries.

If you had issues, try a complete reset on 384.12, do the upgrade then do a reset again and lastly recreate your config.

I feel very confident after 5 days that this is a solid version. As good as 384.12. I have been working from home this week, did a lot of Skype video calls, watch Netflix, used Plex and everything is solid. DoT, DNSSEC, VPN is all working fine. Speeds are as good as 384.12 version. No worries.

If you had issues, try a complete reset on 384.12, do the upgrade then do a reset again and lastly recreate your config.

Good to know. I actually went back from 384.14_2<384.14<384.13<384.12 just today. Had no issue last year when i was on .12 and had an uptime of almost 60 days prior to reboot.What did ASUS do with the latest firmwares...geez

Beta 1 is rock solid on my RT-AX88U provided I keep 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels separate. 2.4 Ghz network is on channel No. 11. The 5 Ghz channel has 160 Mhz width with Channel No. 40 set manually. OFDMA is enabled and all other settings are at their default. No wifi or wan drops or any weird behavior since last 5 days. Huge thumbs UP.
Just don't forget to set DNS servers manually to Google or Cloudflare to get rid of Disconnected error message.
Thank you for this info. I set mine to the same specs and haven't had any drops or anything weird in the last 4 hours.:)

nothing has changed on the config side.

And nothing has changed on the firmware side, same wifi code and driver since the very first alpha.

I had 35 days of uptime on my RT-AX88U when I flashed a fresh test build recently.

And nothing has changed on the firmware side, same wifi code and driver since the very first alpha.

I had 35 days of uptime on my RT-AX88U when I flashed a fresh test build recently.
An artist at work.

WOW - that's what I expected. As said apart from a dirty upgrade nothing has changed. Maybe I did not recognize the dropouts before - in any way, great work and as the drivers are closed items from ASUS there is not much you can do. For now I did not downgrade :)

Same here on my AX88U - while Alpha-1 was super stable I am seeing intermittent drop-outs on Beta-1 - nothing has changed on the config side. Unfortunately there is also nothing in the logs either. The only way to recognize is when lying on the sofa surfing suddenly connection is gone and coming back after 10 secs or so - something that did not happen before. Will revert ot Alpha-2 or 384.13 for now ...
Hi,

when you're lying on the sofa and say the connection is lost, does it say that the wifi is gone or is the wifi present but it's just like the internet is on pause for a few seconds and then everything is normal again? And what kind of device are you using when lying on the sofa?

Hi,

when you're lying on the sofa and say the connection is lost, does it say that the wifi is gone or is the wifi present but it's just like the internet is on pause for a few seconds and then everything is normal again? And what kind of device are you using when lying on the sofa?

Excellent question - as fasr as I can tell signal goes away and comes back after few seconds. this is on various Android devices - Mobiles and Tablets, regardless if Android 9 or 10.

Excellent question - as fasr as I can tell signal goes away and comes back after few seconds. this is on various Android devices - Mobiles and Tablets, regardless if Android 9 or 10.
It happened to me as well on ios devices. The problem in my case was that i switched to wpa3 on the router and clients. After that everything worked fine, but after a few minutes of inactivity the devices disconected without reconecting again. the solution was simple, just erase the network on the device and enter the info for the network again. running latest beta on asus rtax88u. no problems with wifi so far.

It happened to me as well on ios devices. The problem in my case was that i switched to wpa3 on the router and clients. After that everything worked fine, but after a few minutes of inactivity the devices disconected without reconecting again. the solution was simple, just erase the network on the device and enter the info for the network again. running latest beta on asus rtax88u. no problems with wifi so far.

Thanks for your feedback and wortwhile checking - I have no WPA3 enabled but can try to drop network and reconnect the devices to see if something changes!

With the new tabs feature coming, maybe there will be one for GUI AMTM?
Would that be even possible to manage everything from GUI?

With the new tabs feature coming, maybe there will be one for GUI AMTM?
Would that be even possible to manage everything from GUI?

Highly unlikely. Not only would this require amtm to have webui support, but every scripts installer would also require it.

Maybe I did not recognize the dropouts before

Or if you have the channel set to Auto, it switched to a less stable channel than before. That's the most common reason why some people "magically" fixes things by reflashing their router. The reboot involved in that reflash is what truly fixes their issue, by having the router pick a different channel.

This happens on my Pixel 3, but only in one room of my apartment. I kind of haven't investigated much beyond that because I figured, eh, maybe its a wall or its switching channels. Then I realized the Firestick and/or the ATV4 in that room never drop off the wireless. Interesting. When I see it happen in the phones toolbar it is a very fast event, icon disappears, phone hits cellular, then it reconnects. Not sure I even know the frequency of the events.

Or if you have the channel set to Auto, it switched to a less stable channel than before. That's the most common reason why some people "magically" fixes things by reflashing their router. The reboot involved in that reflash is what truly fixes their issue, by having the router pick a different channel.

Manual channel assignment is the way to go IMHO. Even when there is no obvious channel interference from neighboring wireless routers, ASUS routers channel hop quite frequently.

Good news is that I have been running 15 Beta 1 on my AC86 for five days and everything is fine and no spinning wheel on the VPN Server page. VPN Server works fine. The not so good is that the VPN Server1 is filling up my logs with multiple entries every several minutes. Log is set to record info/debug. Not a huge issue as the log resets approximately every 20 hours meaning it is hard to research other issues.

I will try a reboot when wife isn't on line and will yell at me for downing the Internet. Haven't tried a reboot previously as I did want to see if the router could go five days and no spinning wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!