What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok 16_B3. Cool.

My USB2 multi partition spinner took awhile to be detected & mounted. Will watch out for this.... 3 x ext4 + 1 NTFS.

Have yet to get around to carving up one of many USB3+ Samsung sticks laying about.

and now there’s this log entry that won’t go away:

rstats[1206]: Problem loading /mnt/sda3/sda3-ext4/Traffic-Monitoring/tomato_rstats_a85e45ae7908.gz. Still trying...

Do I get the box to recreate it?

This is a fact.. :eek:

Looks like an "emotional" topic - at least in my case I am using the same HW in the same spot I did recognize a drop in 2.4 Ghz Wifi performance and reach during version change - started with 384.14. And I can demonstrate the changes via up- and downgrade of the FW.
And we also read various comments around changes on the Broadcom driver that ASUS included - so nothing related to the firmware itself and therefore should not be taken personal or as an offence. Therefore I do respect if folks recognize a change in Wifi performance and discuss here in the forum - it is debatable if this is the right thread though

All 3 my routers are running perfectly on Beta 3 no issues to report yet. Small off-topic post ahead

I couldn't wait any longer and I downloaded the latest stock Asus firmware for my RT-AX88U 3.0.0.4.384.8018 and saw a few features that were added (they could have been added long ago but since I ran Merlin from day 1 on my ax88u I wouldn't know). You can enable game profiles without using WTFast, there's a third option called gear accelerator that ensures your game devices get priority, NAT option that ensures all the correct ports get forwarded for your selected game and a bunch of new QoS options (unfortunately they haven't fixed the wireless upload limiting bug ). Super excited to see what Merlin does with the latest GPLs.

Looks like an "emotional" topic - at least in my case I am using the same HW in the same spot I did recognize a drop in 2.4 Ghz Wifi performance and reach during version change - started with 384.14. And I can demonstrate the changes via up- and downgrade of the FW.
And we also read various comments around changes on the Broadcom driver that ASUS included - so nothing related to the firmware itself and therefore should not be taken personal or as an offence. Therefore I do respect if folks recognize a change in Wifi performance and discuss here in the forum - it is debatable if this is the right thread though
Maybe there is a different behavior for each region and they reduced 2.4GHz power e.g. for EU, those with dropped 2.4 should mention the region where they live or bought the router!

All 3 my routers are running perfectly on Beta 3 no issues to report yet. Small off-topic post ahead

I couldn't wait any longer and I downloaded the latest stock Asus firmware for my RT-AX88U 3.0.0.4.384.8018 and saw a few features that were added (they could have been added long ago but since I ran Merlin from day 1 on my ax88u I wouldn't know). You can enable game profiles without using WTFast, there's a third option called gear accelerator that ensures your game devices get priority, NAT option that ensures all the correct ports get forwarded for your selected game and a bunch of new QoS options (unfortunately they haven't fixed the wireless upload limiting bug ). Super excited to see what Merlin does with the latest GPLs.
Is there dhcp continuous mode in wan?
It's when running dhcp wan you see aggressive and normal, should be a third option.

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V384.16_beta2 to V384.16_beta3 via dirty firmware upgrade. 30+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U & backup AC3100 routers.

Again a smooth update to latest refreshed 384.13_5 on 87u (Tue Mar 31 15:41:11 UTC 2020 merlin@a857b18)
Thanks RMerlin :)

Is there dhcp continuous mode in wan?
It's when running dhcp wan you see aggressive and normal, should be a third option.
I don't seem to have that option sorry.

Thanks for this update, running smooth, dirty flashed

Are you trying to scan your ext4 formatted USB stick where Diversion/Skynet live?
So when I click on my USB on the main web GUI page it takes me to this scanning tool, ergo that is what I thought it was for. So yes, its the USB where my scripts live. There is no prompt to *not* do this if that is where this is leading.

Anything important in this new 3.0.0.4.384.81790 from asus AC88U that is maybe not inside merlin firmware ?

Built-in tool works with common FAT/NTFS drives only.
Your USB is ext4 formatted, use Disk Check script in AMTM.
Cool. There should be some directions or user feedback indicating it won't work. It in fact let me go through the whole procedure.

Anything important in this new 3.0.0.4.384.81790 from asus AC88U that is maybe not inside merlin firmware ?

Release notes and changelogs are what you need to study. :)

Cool. There should be some directions or user feedback indicating it won't work.

There is information available here on SNB, but you perhaps couldn't find it. Asuswrt was newer designed to use a USB stick with this purpose. Look at Format options in the built-in tool. Do you see something mentioned about ext4 file system?

just some more positive feedback, i installed beta3 on both my rt-ac5300 (one router, one repeater) and everything is working fine for me. thanks for the excellent work rmerlin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!