What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 Beta / 384.13_9 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having the same crashing. I think it may be “normal” for the TM AiProtection service. I got tired of it and just disabled the AiProtection. No more issues.

latest beta working well on my 5300 3 days running no issues that i see .
thanks again for another great FW build

I've got an odd one that has appeared after installing the beta.
On my AC86U that is configured as an AP the 5 GHz and is not active.
Nothing shows doing a WiFi analyzer scan, no 5 GHz clients are connected as far as I can tell. The 2.4 band is fine and appears in a scan.
I see this in the General tab:
Code:
Control Channel   
Auto  Current Control Channel: 0

Both the control and extension channel dropdowns only have Auto as a selection.

Any ideas?

Nothing shows doing a WiFi analyzer scan, no 5 GHz clients are connected as far as I can tell. The 2.4 band is fine and appears in a scan.
Code:
Control Channel  

Any ideas?

Means your wifi radio is crashed. Try a complete power cycle.

Hello RMerlin, thank you for you tireless work for all of us.

Do you have an idea at this point when these beta versions will make it to release?

No rush meant, just curious.

Code:
Control Channel  

Any ideas?
| I get this on my RT-AX88U if I quickly power off/on. What I have to do, to ensure the 5GHz function totally comes back online, is leave the power off for like 10mins or more, then a power on. Reboot's are ok, just the quick power Power off/on aren't.

Means your wifi radio is crashed. Try a complete power cycle.

Thanks. A reboot of the router cleared it.
I guess the router is getting long in the tooth. I've not had a lick of trouble with it until this.
Perhaps I'll get its AX replacement when it is released. Always liked the 86U

Hello RMerlin, thank you for you tireless work for all of us.

Do you have an idea at this point when these beta versions will make it to release?

No rush meant, just curious.

We're already on Beta 2 so the final version should be released any day now. I don't think we'll see a third Beta cycle for this release but only Merlin knows for sure.

Last edited:
I think beta 2 was an inclusion of the AC88U? Ax is still on beta1

Yep AX branch is still on beta 1 but he'll merge the commits any day now from master branch to make it beta 2, or you can do it yourself if you're familiar with the code.

Should be soon, depending on my spare time, and what kind of impact the recent commits will have. I need to evaluate those unexpected commits that were pushed yesterday.

Hi all,

The problem I had with alpha1 on my AX88U not being able to be add ZenWiFi XT8 as an AiMesh node has been resolved with beta1.
It still took the nodes quite a while to properly associate but they ended up on the 5GHz band, and have stayed there for a day and a half so far, whereas they bounced between 5GHz and 2.4GHz previously.

7+ days of uptime on my 68u running Beta 1. Openvpn client, several static leases, and Dave's flexqos script all running well. Thanks Merlin for a solid and stable release!!

I had almost 8 days of uptime on rtax88u, till power outage brake my record. May be I should get ups for router and media converter.

Last edited:
I had almost 8 days of uptime on rtax88u, till power outage brake my record. May be I should get ups for router and media converter.

UPS is a must, in my opinion. My Router and NAS would do all kinds of weird things until I got a UPS. All the weirdness went away after that. Unclean power coupled with not greatest of power supplies equals problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!