1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Brick R7800

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by Deniksem, May 20, 2019.

1. Deniksem

Deniksem New Around Here

Hi. Sorry for my english(.
    I bought r7800 bricks, when turned on, the power esata starts to flash alternately. If you do a reset, it normally loads, distributes wifi, enters the interface, gives you a reflash. But this is all just before the restart, then again flashes diodes. Lan ports do not work (do not blink even when the cable is connected and when reset router, dont pings 192.168.1.1).Tftp is not possible to flash without lan ports. When connecting usb-uart (serial) putty displays everything is fine and you can stop the download before starting the firmware itself, call the list of commands. In the console, when invoking the tftp server startup command, we get the answer about the impossibility of start tftp for uploading fitmware. There is a debug_log made from the web interface of the router. Who can offer which solution to the problem? When flashing through gui, write errors run through the console. Can I check the performance of qca8337? Can I flash without lan ports? I will be glad to love help, I will provide everything you need to parse the problem. Nvram erase not help.

Attached Files:

2. e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN Very Senior Member

3. Deniksem

Deniksem New Around Here

I told that lan ports dont works for any of this recovery options(.

4. e38BimmerFN

Needs replaced then.

5. Deniksem

Deniksem New Around Here

Replace all router? Or maybe change chips or resoldering qca8337?

6. e38BimmerFN

Get a new router.

7. Deniksem

Deniksem New Around Here

Hm, 200usd in garbage? I dont sink so. It normaly boot after reset and all working before restart. 15usd for resoldering qca8337 is a not 200usd for a new router.