What's new

Broken traffic monitor?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phylion

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Today i noticed that the totals of traffic monitor data are way beyond expected numbers based on history and ip related traffic when looking at the specific places.
2 days ago the total amount of traffic passed by would be based on numbers 13049,24 Gb
And that number is somewhat high when the external WAN link is 100Mbps.

Calculate: 13049,24Gb is about 1.043E14 bytes. Based on 100Mbps (equals 100E6 bytes) the needed time for this amount of traffic is 1043939 seconds. And that equals to 290 hours.

I already cleaned the history log dates, and rebooted the router.

I'm not sure when this issue was introduced. In any case not with the last .39 release, since i upgraded to that one only yesterday.

Known issue; use search.

Tnx. Really usefull information. That i did not figure it out myselves. So stupid.

And now for the content: what is the solution?

Tnx. Really usefull information. That i did not figure it out myselves. So stupid.

None at this point, since I am unable to reproduce the problem, therefore have no idea what's causing it. Will most likely have to wait for Asus to fix it on their end.

If you used search as I suggested, you would have seen the exact same reply from RMerlin. :rolleyes:

If i can help in anyway to reproduce this issue: i am willing to help

And the search did mention a lot of questions, but this answer of RMerlin I did not find it.

For now i just wait then. Its more a nice to have, so i can live with this bug.

The totals are wrong but like you said if enabled Traffic monitoring by IP and look only at the Traffic Monitor per device, they are all right as far as i know

None at this point, since I am unable to reproduce the problem, therefore have no idea what's causing it. Will most likely have to wait for Asus to fix it on their end.

I have the same issue on ac68u, the transmission in daily and monthly specifies that in two days I uploaded nearly one terabyte...

This is on a new router that I flashed 39 reset to factory defaults, set my login for is and turned off pnp, wps, and set logging onto a USB flash connected to USB 2.0 port.

Same Issue

I have the same issue, only thing i've changed since it happened is the updated the latest firmware merlin 374.39 build. Every time I reset my router the internet data just grows like what seems exponentially...just constant increasing to speeds higher than my ISP even gives me. The other tabs, wired and wireless both display the correct data usage among my clients, the internet data is bogus.

Ive attached a picture, i started it up at 4pm, went to work, and as you can see it slowly increased while I was gone and no one using it, then the jump was when I started using it...after i stop, it continues to rise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 10.10.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 10.10.24 PM.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 513
Also

in addition, this is the third day this started happening, when i first checked it in the "daily" area of traffic monitoring, it showed 200gb down and 30 gb up, then day two because it ran all day was over 1600gb down 400 up

Same issue...

Same issue for me.

I've an RT-N66U with 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em (no problem with previous one 3.0.0.4.374.34_5) and 24h traffic monitor is totally incorrect. See attached picture.

Attachments

• 2014-02-25_230127.png
    2014-02-25_230127.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 271
Same issue for me.

I've an RT-N66U with 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em (no problem with previous one 3.0.0.4.374.34_5) and 24h traffic monitor is totally incorrect. See attached picture.

Yep exactly the same format and everything, constantly grows... I've left mine on for over a day and half so when I get home tonight around 9 eastern, I'll upload a picture of my crazy new numbers.

(If you check the wired and wireless connections they display the correct data transfers.)

Yep exactly the same format and everything, constantly grows... I've left mine on for over a day and half so when I get home tonight around 9 eastern, I'll upload a picture of my crazy new numbers.

(If you check the wired and wireless connections they display the correct data transfers.)

Yes wired and wireless are ok but daily and monthly data are totally wrong too.

Asus or Merlin bug?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

No idea what's causing it, when the WAN cable is unplugged it stops, but as soon as I plug it back in the numbers begin rising constantly. Don't get it.

Here's my crazy results...uptime of 1 day 11 hours. The highest transfer rate I've gotten on my ISP package is 700 KB/s. As you can see this is far beyond that.

My actual data usage was about 1.5 gb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 516
Hi,

Today i noticed that the totals of traffic monitor data are way beyond expected numbers based on history and ip related traffic when looking at the specific places.
2 days ago the total amount of traffic passed by would be based on numbers 13049,24 Gb
And that number is somewhat high when the external WAN link is 100Mbps.

Calculate: 13049,24Gb is about 1.043E14 bytes. Based on 100Mbps (equals 100E6 bytes) the needed time for this amount of traffic is 1043939 seconds. And that equals to 290 hours.

I already cleaned the history log dates, and rebooted the router.

I'm not sure when this issue was introduced. In any case not with the last .39 release, since i upgraded to that one only yesterday.

Same issue for me.

Do either of you guys use PPPOE for access to the internet or OpenVPN?

Actually all I did was have ISP bridge modem to my Asus ac66u so I could see the public ip, but setup became PPPOE.