What's new

Brokenb GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wheelq

Regular Contributor
Why is this still an issue?
Brand new rt86u, latest merlin, chrome i incognito mode, all extensions off...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 16.15.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 16.15.12.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 449
Why is this still an issue?
Brand new rt86u, latest merlin, chrome i incognito mode, all extensions off...
You have something else going on. 86U latest Merlin here, works identically in chrome incognito as it does in regular chrome.

Yeah, I kind of expected this kind of an answer - works on my computer
Well, with the information you've given, I'm not sure what other response you thought you'd get. You are the first person I've ever seen post with this sort of problem, if it was common it would be in the readme or something, like the dcd crashes are.

Does it work in a normal chrome window? Does it work in firefox? in firefox private mode? What have you tried?

Generally caused by using a special character in an SSID or device name. To be safe use only alphanumeric, dash and underscore.

Otherwise bring up the browser console (F12) and post any errors.

Well, with the information you've given, I'm not sure what other response you thought you'd get. You are the first person I've ever seen post with this sort of problem, if it was common it would be in the readme or something, like the dcd crashes are.

Does it work in a normal chrome window? Does it work in firefox? in firefox private mode? What have you tried?
- doesnt work in private, same issue. works/doens't work occasionally. Sometimes couple reloads help.
- Someone else had a similar issue: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-n66-web-interface-is-broken-no-images-loaded.14230/
- ok, next time I see it, I'll check/paste errors from the dev tools.

Thanks!

Generally caused by using a special character in an SSID or device name. To be safe use only alphanumeric, dash and underscore.

Otherwise bring up the browser console (F12) and post any errors.
no 'fancy' characters in the ssid

So brand new device and new Merlin install .

Did you reboot after flashing Merlin?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!