What's new

BRT-AC828

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's really not an answer is it? And since my understanding it the AC2600 architecture is supported? It is certainly possible that it might be the only real differences being two actual WAN ports for backup and load balancing in addition to the ubiquitous ports and an extended VPN software/firmware wise? It's an Australian router requiring an adapter for the appliance's power cord.

That's really not an answer is it? And since my understanding it the AC2600 architecture is supported? It is certainly possible that it might be the only real differences being two actual WAN ports for backup and load balancing in addition to the ubiquitous ports and an extended VPN software/firmware wise? It's an Australian router requiring an adapter for the appliance's power cord.
You are more than welcome to self compile a fork of your own. Another member has started a fork for the DSL models. Feel free to develop it and provide support for it. The device is probably too unique, or like others, (GT-5300 comes to mind) just presents problems for the existing work load on the developer. Cheers!

BRT (business router) are different to RT (consumer). No, Merlin wont support it, you could try to make your own build or better forget it and take a common router - sorry to say!

PS: ok others been faster by 1 min than me ...

I do appreciate the response thank you!!! I didn't know that! I kind of figured there was something since it also does not support ASUS AIMesh software. I wonder whether 802.11s will ever become a fixed standard instead of just a 'feature' of the ESS?

Since we are on the topic, is that going to also be true for the new fangled gadget:
ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 AX11000 Tri-Band 10 Gigabit WiFi Router?

If you can answer that I would be most appreciative; I'll be quiet and leave everyone alone.

BRT (business router) are different to RT (consumer). No, Merlin wont support it, you could try to make your own build or better forget it and take a common router - sorry to say!

I might try that ... sounds like fun! Honestly, look at Cisco's AP's and routers and tell me they are all that different? When you add OpenVPN support, etc, plus a few software bells and whistles and dedicated dual ports perhaps ... how many commercial routers feature 8 Gbit ethernet ports and the new ROG monster apparently has one that runs at 2.8 Gb if you uses Cat 6a cable or above plus link aggregation? So, now "gaming routers" are commercial routers?

Cisco and their "pancakes" are just another marketing schtick IMHO.

They've stopped making the BRT -AC828 ... I guess they are now calling their Mesh router system "commercial"? Instead of the monolith with the blue hole that looks like the Guardian of Forever in Star Trek or an early Stargate why not replace it with an art deco Whale's Fluke? Packaging is everything in the commercial world I suppose.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!