What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The Hawaii Yankee

New Around Here
How's it going folks. I was wondering if you could provide any recommendations as for the next step to take with this problem:

When setting up my Google home devices (4 cameras, TV, Hub, Doorbell, 2 speakers) my Wifi signal tanked and began to oscillate. (See attached). It continued to do this with absolutely no relief for about a week and then magically decided to begin working again for about 4 days. Now it's happening again and I'm trying to weigh my options. Things of note:

*The ethernet connection stays strong constantly throughout this with no drops from the ISP at any point
*Renaming the network and and restarting the router allows the network to pop back to full force and stability, but the moment devices begin to connect to it again it goes right back to failing.
*I've tried replacing the router once so far but Netgear sent me a lemon as a replacement so I'm currently working on that right now
*Splitting the devices between the 2.4GHz (purple) network and 5GHz (yellow) network may have been what helped it initially, but as of right now neither are working.
*My current thought is that there might be interference from the other networks, but channel hopping doesn't appear to give me much reprieve.

I've been troubleshooting this for days and I'm really at my wits end. I have an appointment scheduled with Xfinity to send a tech out, but I'd really rather not pay the $100 install and $14 a month for their gateway if I can help it.

C6300v2 Running v1.03.06 Firmware

1639222096570.png
1639222334497.png
1639222349243.png

try turning down the power output of the modems wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. You are in a busy area on 2.4Ghz. I'd use channel 48 or 161 on 5Ghz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!