What's new

Can Aimesh device lock mess up future same device connections to wifi if factory resetted?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

-Skyrider-

New Around Here
I hope I put this in the proper section. Few months ago I've assigned a few of my devices to use the aimesh router (for wifi) instead of my default one. Now I factory reset/installed a different firmware (Tomato) on the AIMesh router, and for some reason I can no longer assign my tapo camera to use my default wifi after I factory reset the camera. It simply won't connect to the wifi. Is it possible because I locked the tapo camera to use the aimesh router, and resetted it afterwards it screwed up? I can't think of any reason why it keeps failing. Never had any issues with my other tapo devices. Like it's attempting to put the camera on the aimesh, but can't as it no longer exists.

Just a wild guess though.

Last edited:
no

OE

OE is most likely correct with 'no', but did you do a full reset on all routers you're presently using, after flashing Tomato on the main one?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!