What's new

can I limit bandwidth for one specific device ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

boerlx

Occasional Visitor
RT-AC68U, 378.55
- -

Hello,

I noticed that when someone uploads a video to YouTube everything crawls to a standstill for every other users.

Is there a way to limit the upload bandwidth of a specific device/computer with Merlin?

Thanks.

Is there a way to limit the upload bandwidth of a specific device/computer with Merlin?

sure set the client bandwidth limits in the qos section

adaptive qos / qos - enable - select bandwidth limiter

select device and set upload and download limits

apply and your done

adaptive qos / qos - enable - select bandwidth limiter

He'll need to upgrade his firmware first. 378.55 is old, and doesn't include the Bandwidth Limiter.

He'll need to upgrade his firmware first. 378.55 is old, and doesn't include the Bandwidth Limiter.

I'm wondering if this is a low-level bug in the Broadcom SDK release, as I hear about it much across all vendors that build on the Broadcom SDK (most, not all, do...).

yopu can limit the bandwidth with out the bandwidth limiter

QOS>User Defined proirtues

Just setup your lowest to highest in there and them put the mac address of the device ou want to limit in QOS and pick highest to low, this is how it been doing it and it works fine

yopu can limit the bandwidth with out the bandwidth limiter

you misunderstand what the difference between qos and bandwidth limiting is

qos is in demand and usually to late to avoid lag and saturation

bandwidth limiting is a fixed amount of cake and you get no more

well I just downgraded from Merlin 380.58 as the router would freeze about once a week. I've been advised to stick with 378.55

you misunderstand what the difference between qos and bandwidth limiting is

qos is in demand and usually to late to avoid lag and saturation

bandwidth limiting is a fixed amount of cake and you get no more

No i dont this how i limit the bandwidth of my devices, the devices I set to lowest which is 5% of bandwidth only get about 5mbit this way, and the devices i set to Medium only get 50% only get 50mbit on those devices.

I'm wondering if this is a low-level bug in the Broadcom SDK release, as I hear about it much across all vendors that build on the Broadcom SDK (most, not all, do...).

Again, this should not be a problem - which brings me back to Broadcom's SDK with their secret sauce...