x3mRouting Can someone help me setup this x3mRouting thing to bypass VPN only for my TV App

ComputerSteve

Regular Contributor
So I have Optimum Cable and I use the Altice One App to watch my TV but i'm using moviebox on the Apple TVs and I want to use a VPN but want to bypass it only for the Altice One App. I don't really understand how to do this. I went to this website https://bgp.he.net and see Your ISP is AS6128 (Cablevision Systems Corp.)... so would I just create an IPSET with this information. All I want is to make the Altice One App see that i'm on my home wifi. Whenever I turn the VPN on in the router it says i'm not connected to home so I want that traffic from the app to go through my wan & not the VPN. Is this even possible?

eibgrad

Part of the Furniture
I don't use x3mRouting, but it's my understanding it has known issues w/ the VPN Director (but that was some time ago, and perhaps things have changed). That's why I created an alternative for someone else in the same situation.

I developed it specifically in reference to the following link.

Just requires identifying the domain names used by the app.

Viktor Jaep

Regular Contributor
So I have Optimum Cable and I use the Altice One App to watch my TV but i'm using moviebox on the Apple TVs and I want to use a VPN but want to bypass it only for the Altice One App. I don't really understand how to do this. I went to this website https://bgp.he.net and see Your ISP is AS6128 (Cablevision Systems Corp.)... so would I just create an IPSET with this information. All I want is to make the Altice One App see that i'm on my home wifi. Whenever I turn the VPN on in the router it says i'm not connected to home so I want that traffic from the app to go through my wan & not the VPN. Is this even possible?
Why not just create a VPN rule to exclude your TV's IP address, and allow it to route over the WAN. I know it won't be just that app that gets excluded, but all TV use. That's what we do... It also helped a lot with dealing with the headaches that come with Netflix/HBOMax/etc. preventing you from streaming over VPN.

Last edited:

faria

If you decide to go via the x3mRouting route, just add the following line to the "nat-start " file in /jffs/scripts :
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 Cablevision-ASN asnum=AS6128 # Route-Altice-One traffic via Wan

ComputerSteve

Regular Contributor
If you decide to go via the x3mRouting route, just add the following line to the "nat-start " file in /jffs/scripts :
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 Cablevision-ASN asnum=AS6128 # Route-Altice-One traffic via Wan
I actually got it working & I appreciate all your assistance.

kernol

Very Senior Member

ComputerSteve

Regular Contributor
Ok, So people are saying it does work with VPN Director.. The issue is the GUI.. How do I do these things through ssh I mean I used it to create .. Also is there a way to see the existing ones. The GUI always shows me the ones I have while i'm not sure how to confirm the ones I have through SSH. Also I have to uninstall OpenVPN Client GUI through AMTM correct? I created my IPSETS like this "x3mRouting ipset_name=OPTIMUM asnum=AS6128" how do I make it apply to DST / WAN without the GUI?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.06.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.06.49 AM.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!