What's new

x3mRouting Can someone help me setup this x3mRouting thing to bypass VPN only for my TV App

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

So I have Optimum Cable and I use the Altice One App to watch my TV but i'm using moviebox on the Apple TVs and I want to use a VPN but want to bypass it only for the Altice One App. I don't really understand how to do this. I went to this website https://bgp.he.net and see Your ISP is AS6128 (Cablevision Systems Corp.)... so would I just create an IPSET with this information. All I want is to make the Altice One App see that i'm on my home wifi. Whenever I turn the VPN on in the router it says i'm not connected to home so I want that traffic from the app to go through my wan & not the VPN. Is this even possible?

I don't use x3mRouting, but it's my understanding it has known issues w/ the VPN Director (but that was some time ago, and perhaps things have changed). That's why I created an alternative for someone else in the same situation.

I developed it specifically in reference to the following link.

Just requires identifying the domain names used by the app.

So I have Optimum Cable and I use the Altice One App to watch my TV but i'm using moviebox on the Apple TVs and I want to use a VPN but want to bypass it only for the Altice One App. I don't really understand how to do this. I went to this website https://bgp.he.net and see Your ISP is AS6128 (Cablevision Systems Corp.)... so would I just create an IPSET with this information. All I want is to make the Altice One App see that i'm on my home wifi. Whenever I turn the VPN on in the router it says i'm not connected to home so I want that traffic from the app to go through my wan & not the VPN. Is this even possible?
Why not just create a VPN rule to exclude your TV's IP address, and allow it to route over the WAN. I know it won't be just that app that gets excluded, but all TV use. That's what we do... It also helped a lot with dealing with the headaches that come with Netflix/HBOMax/etc. preventing you from streaming over VPN.

Last edited:
If you decide to go via the x3mRouting route, just add the following line to the "nat-start " file in /jffs/scripts :
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 Cablevision-ASN asnum=AS6128 # Route-Altice-One traffic via Wan

If you decide to go via the x3mRouting route, just add the following line to the "nat-start " file in /jffs/scripts :
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 Cablevision-ASN asnum=AS6128 # Route-Altice-One traffic via Wan
I actually got it working & I appreciate all your assistance.

Ok, So people are saying it does work with VPN Director.. The issue is the GUI.. How do I do these things through ssh I mean I used it to create .. Also is there a way to see the existing ones. The GUI always shows me the ones I have while i'm not sure how to confirm the ones I have through SSH. Also I have to uninstall OpenVPN Client GUI through AMTM correct? I created my IPSETS like this "x3mRouting ipset_name=OPTIMUM asnum=AS6128" how do I make it apply to DST / WAN without the GUI?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.06.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 11.06.49 AM.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 143