What's new

Can't reset ASUS RP-AC68U to factory

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joao H de A Franco

New Around Here
I am trying to reset the repeater because I can't configure it.

According to the user manual, the Wi-Fi LEDs (which show the strength of Wi-Fi signals in the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands) should go solid one or two minutes after powering up the unit.

Since they don't go solid (they keep blinking forever), the unit does not get ready do be configured. For this reason, the two methods listed in the user manual for setting up the unit, "connecting through GUI" and "using WPS", cannot be applied.

I tried to reset the repeater, but the reset button is not accessible through the orifice located at the bottom of the unit (maybe it got unaligned during unit assembly).

I don't know how to open the case in a safe way in order to get access to the reset button. This repeater sports a stylish case design (which can be seen at https://www.asus.com/Networking/RP-AC68U/ ) that really poses a problem for anyone trying to opening it.

Does anyone know how to open the case (or remove the bottom cover) safely?

Note: U.S. ASUS support has refused to provide instructions on how to open the case on the grounds that this procedure will void the warranty if executed by the end user. On the other side, ASUS local support in Brazil says this product is not supported in my country.

I am really puzzled, so any help is welcomed!

I am trying to reset the repeater because I can't configure it.

According to the user manual, the Wi-Fi LEDs (which show the strength of Wi-Fi signals in the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands) should go solid one or two minutes after powering up the unit.

Since they don't go solid (they keep blinking forever), the unit does not get ready do be configured. For this reason, the two methods listed in the user manual for setting up the unit, "connecting through GUI" and "using WPS", cannot be applied.

I tried to reset the repeater, but the reset button is not accessible through the orifice located at the bottom of the unit (maybe it got unaligned during unit assembly).

I don't know how to open the case in a safe way in order to get access to the reset button. This repeater sports a stylish case design (which can be seen at https://www.asus.com/Networking/RP-AC68U/ ) that really poses a problem for anyone trying to opening it.

Does anyone know how to open the case (or remove the bottom cover) safely?

Note: U.S. ASUS support has refused to provide instructions on how to open the case on the grounds that this procedure will void the warranty if executed by the end user. On the other side, ASUS local support in Brazil says this product is not supported in my country.

I am really puzzled, so any help is welcomed!

Try to reset it this way. Unplug the unit. Hold on the wps button, plug the unit back it while keeping the wps button held in.
Once the power led starts flashing, let go of the wps button and let the unit boot up.

I followed your instructions, but the Wi-Fi LEDs kept blinking.

Maybe this procedure works on the RT-AC68U Router, but my device is the RP-AC68U Wireless Repeater.

Thank you anyway for your interest.

its not hard to remove the base, how did yours become difficult since I'm having the same issue.

I've been wondering how to use serial recovery, on this unit mines in aloop, even with the bottom off.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!