What's new

Cat6a UTP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

inkslinger

New Around Here
I ran Cat6A , AWG23, UTP in my walls to the basement where my internet comes in . I finish the setup up stairs with wall jacks and Key Stone Jacks , now I been looking to terminate the ends downstairs . I can't find any color setup for RJ45 connection for the CAT6A only for the FPT and Cat6e and 5e. My Cat6A wires are twisted with white wire that has no color markings on them so I been using color markers {Orange,Brown,Blue,Green} to keep them together , my rj45 has a tiny block {load bar} that staggers the wires .
My question will be are the solid wires on top an the white wire {color match} on the bottom with using the t568B setup?

Last edited:
I can't find any color setup for RJ45 connection for the CAT6A only for the FPT and Cat6e and 5e.

The colour coding is identical for all 3 CAT types.

My Cat6A wires are twisted with white wire that has no color markings on them so I been using color markers {Orange,Brown,Blue,Green} to keep them together , my rj45 has a tiny block {load bar} that staggers the wires .
My question will be are the solid wires on top an the white wire {color match} on the bottom with using the t568B setup?

This is a bit difficult to visualise.

Would it be possible to upload a photo ?

This video shows a load bar or spacer on the second part of the video , It seems that the solid colors fall on top and the stripe wires below .

This video shows a load bar or spacer on the second part of the video , It seems that the solid colors fall on top and the stripe wires below .
It doesn't matter whether it's the top or bottom. It's relative anyway depending on how you're looking at it. The only purpose of that little block is to splay out the wires side-by-side so that they go into the jack in the correct sequence. As you can see in your video his wires are laid out in T568B order ready for crimping.

RJ45T568AandT568BPatchCable.jpg

And with clip facing away from you the solid wires will lay on top as to pin 2,4,6,and 8 and the white wire will lay below as the load bar {or space bar} will stagger these wires to fit because the cat6a wires are AWG 23

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!