What's new

Checkbox WNDR3400V2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adimo

New Around Here
I got a problem with my netgear WNDR3400V2
As u see in this picture the box allow guest to access my local network is greyed out.
I made the router an access point and have no clue how to make it unchecked.

20958xs.jpg

I got a problem with my netgear WNDR3400V2
As u see in this picture the box allow guest to access my local network is greyed out.
I made the router an access point and have no clue how to make it unchecked.

20958xs.jpg
I read the user manual for a few minutes. Netgear doesn't explain the capability of the AP mode in the manual. But on reading page 31 and others, my assumption is that the AP mode does not support guest SSIDs - because they view this as a routing function. Some SOHO/Pro grade APs extend the guest SSID to APs, but apparently not the consumer oriented Netgear products.

Try configuring it as a WiFi router. Then use it as an AP- where you do not use the WAN port and a LAN port leads to your router's LAN port. There's a FAQ here on how to re-purpose any WiFi router as as pseudo-AP.

I read the user manual for a few minutes. Netgear doesn't explain the capability of the AP mode in the manual. But on reading page 31 and others, my assumption is that the AP mode does not support guest SSIDs - because they view this as a routing function. Some SOHO/Pro grade APs extend the guest SSID to APs, but apparently not the consumer oriented Netgear products.

Try configuring it as a WiFi router. Then use it as an AP- where you do not use the WAN port and a LAN port leads to your router's LAN port. There's a FAQ here on how to re-purpose any WiFi router as as pseudo-AP.

Thanks verry clearfull awnser!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!