What's new

cifs / nfs module for ASUS GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ginny

Occasional Visitor
To mount an external NAS on the ASUS GT-AX11000 I borrowed the cifs and nfs modules from the Merlin firmware for this router, since the original ASUS firmware lacks those modules. The actual firmware from ASUS doesn't accept the cifs.ko or nfs.ko not and reports an error when I try to add the modules using insmod ...

Unfortunately the firmware is now on ASUS and Merlin as *ubi.w supplied which can't opened anymore by 7z. Has anyone an idea where from I could get the latest modules working for the GT-AX11000.

Thank you for your help
Ginny

What issue exactly are you having? On some newer routers running the 388 base code, you need to load the md4.ko kernel module before attempting a cifs mount (modprobe md4.ko)

What issue exactly are you having? On some newer routers running the 388 base code, you need to load the md4.ko kernel module before attempting a cifs mount (modprobe md4.ko)
Thanks for your reply but the I test for that module I get:
modprobe md4.ko
modprobe: module md4.ko not found in modules.dep

So maybe you can tell me where I can get the md4.ko module.

If you are getting that error, then you don't need the md4 module. Are you trying to mount a smb or nfs share? What is the command line you are using. I can mount both file system types fine. You should not need any other kernel modules.

If you are getting that error, then you don't need the md4 module. Are you trying to mount a smb or nfs share? What is the command line you are using. I can mount both file system types fine. You should not need any other kernel modules.
I'm pretty sure stock firmware doesn't have cifs client and nfs modules enabled in the make file.

Ahh, got it. He is not using merlin, but a cloug. Got it. Thanks. Sorry, I can't be of help here.

Yes I'm using the original ASUS firmware because it has (or at least had) better aimehs support specially for guest wlan support for guest network over the aimesh nodes.
To mount external drives i use:
cifs
mount -t cifs -o user=abcd,password=123456 //192.168.1.62/harddisk /tmp/mnt/nas-1

nfs
mount -t nfs -o rw,tcp,nolock,async,rsize=32768,wsize=32768 19 192.168.1.38:/router /tmp/mnt/nas-2

to get the cifs and nfs modules I unzipped the merlin firware image and copied the cifs.ko and nfs.ko from /lib/modules/.... and put them onto the the USB stick mounted as tmp/mnt/USB_RT-1. Within the startup script in /jffs I'm using following procedure the external drive:

# Test if cifs module available, otherwise install
if ! modprobe cifs ""; then
insmod /tmp/mnt/USB_RT-1/cifs.ko
fi

# test if mount point is available, otherwise create it
DIRECTORY=/tmp/mnt/nas-1
if ! [ -d "$DIRECTORY" ]; then
mkdir tmp/mnt/nas-1
fi
#

# mount nas-1
if grep -qs '/tmp/mnt/nas-1 ' /proc/mounts; then
echo "nas is mounted" >/dev/nul
else
mount -t cifs -o user=abcd,password=123456 //192.168.1.62/harddisk /tmp/mnt/nas-1

fi

I need at least a cifs module working with ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.388_24328-g1e6e634.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!