What's new

Clients Disappearing (Auto-refreshing) After Firmware 1663

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Clutch_AllDay

New Around Here
Under General > Network Map > Clients icon, I used to be able to see who had been connected to the router even if they were no longer connected at the present time. The Client Status list would only be refreshed when clicking the Refresh button.

However, with firmware update 1663, clicking the Clients icon automatically refreshes the list. The list also refreshes on its own when other tabs on the left-hand column are clicked.

I'd like to be able to see who has ever been connected to the router (I'd like to be able to refresh the list on my own, again). :)

This "change" (or bug) also makes it less convenient to set up my prioritized devices list in the Traffic Manager section. I can no longer pull up the Source IP or MAC addresses of the devices unless they are currently connected to the network. :confused:

For example, even when my phone went into sleep mode and switched to cellular data, with firmware 5656, it would still show up in the Clients list (as having been connected at some point) because the list never refreshed on its own.

I also like to prioritize devices after guests have had access to the network. That way, for next time, I will be able to have traffic (QoS) priorities set for their devices, as well.

This firmware update no longer allows me to do that in a convenient way like the previous firmwares did. :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!