What's new

Clients not showing up in Network client list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mlai

Regular Contributor
RecentlyCame back to XD6 Aimesh from OrbiPro6. Much better for me who likes to tinker.

One thing that I noticed that bugs me, is that Aimesh Network Client list is very problematic, especially on larger networks. I have a lot of connected devices at home, multiroom apt with thick concrete walls which means many APs (reduced power). So I basically uses 7 XD6/XD6S as managed AP deployments. The router is a separate EdgeRouter 6P on a gigabit fiber wan connection. The LAN subnet is 192.168.0.0/22 so it can accommodate a max of 1000 devices. Just easier for me to assign IPs according to where the devices are located.

However, when the XD6 is configured using 192.168.0.0/22 subnet, almost no clients shows up on the Network client list on the UI. If I reconfigure and cramp all my devices onto a single class C subnet (or even just ASSIGNING IPs in a single 24 bit ip segment), all the devices will show up in Network client list.

Is this a known bug on the Aimesh?

Not a bug, it's by design.

So the Aimesh will not scan a subnet with more than 255 possible IP addresses?

Not reliably.

AiMesh may, but the rest of the code used is limited to a /24 subnet, at least currently.

Have you tried this workaround ?

Have you tried this workaround ?

I cannot try this workaround as the GN access intranet setting is not available when AIMesh is in AP mode.

For all we know, this may change with 388.xx + level firmware, never lose hope. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!