What's new

Comcast IPv6 /60 assignment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ingenium

Occasional Visitor
I know I can get a /60 subnet assigned by Comcast (http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-N...efix-size-and-home-routing/m-p/1794168#M56538 shows the settings for dhcp6c.conf

What I'm wondering is if/how I can assign different subnets to different interfaces? For example, I would like to assign one subnet to the guest wireless (wl0.2 and wl1.2) and another for my private LAN.

I know all these interfaces are bridged into br0, so would I have to unbridge them and create 2 separate bridges and add manual routes? Or is it something as simple as just bridging wl0.2 and wl1.2 into br1 and changing dhcp6c.conf from:
Code:
interface eth0 {
script "/tmp/dhcp6c";
send rapid-commit;
send ia-na 37464;
send ia-pd 37464;
};
id-assoc na 37464 { };
id-assoc pd 37464 {
prefix-interface br0 {
sla-id 1;
sla-len 0;
};
};
to
Code:
interface eth0 {
script "/tmp/dhcp6c";
send rapid-commit;
send ia-na 37464;
send ia-pd 37464;
};
id-assoc na 37464 { };
id-assoc pd 37464 {

[B]prefix ::/60 infinity;[/B]
prefix-interface br0 {
sla-id 1;
[B]sla-len 4;[/B]
};
prefix-interface br1 {
[B]sla-id 2;[/B]
[B]sla-len 4;[/B]
};
};

Can I ask first if you are even successfully pulling a /60
with:

Code:
prefix ::/60 infinity;
prefix-interface br0 {
sla-id 1;
sla-len 4;
};

and Asus\Merlin firmware?

Can I ask first if you are even successfully pulling a /60
with:

Code:
prefix ::/60 infinity;
prefix-interface br0 {
sla-id 1;
sla-len 4;
};

and Asus\Merlin firmware?

I'm actually not sure... I made the changes, killed dhcp6c and started it with dhcp6c -T LL -c /etc/dhcp6c.conf eth0

However the IPv6 page on the router still shows the same /64. Does restarting the daemon force it to request a new assignment?

You would think so...but in my limited experience, it does not seem too.
A reboot always seems to be necessary for it yank another ip6 addr\prefix from Comcast after one is released, or so has been the case with my AC68 & SB6141. :(

I only asked cause while I didn't spend much time on it I wasn't successful in pulling a /60 from them yet, granted though I've not tried the whole release a /64 then...wait over night routine before trying a /60 as suggested in some other forums. I gave up quick cause from what I can tell asus's support throughout the rest of the system for < /64 prefix seems ..umm... less than fully flushed out yet. :D