What's new

Connectivity question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tadlord

New Around Here
Good evening everyone
I am with BT and have tiger wireless router, I have hard wired Cat 6 to my summer house at the bottom of my garden, this is now wired and working with an Ethernet cable, just wondering if anyone knows of the best router or what router I would require to have wireless in the summer house?
Many Thanks
Tadlord

I am not familiar with your tiger wireless router, but presumably you don't actually want another router in your summer house. I'm guessing you just want a wireless access point there (or do you need wired connections as well?). If the summer house is fairly small then just about any wireless access point would work.

Good evening everyone
I am with BT and have tiger wireless router, I have hard wired Cat 6 to my summer house at the bottom of my garden, this is now wired and working with an Ethernet cable, just wondering if anyone knows of the best router or what router I would require to have wireless in the summer house?
Many Thanks
Tadlord

You can just put an access point out there. Get one with multiple ports if you want wired connectivity too.

I am not familiar with your tiger wireless router, but presumably you don't actually want another router in your summer house. I'm guessing you just want a wireless access point there (or do you need wired connections as well?). If the summer house is fairly small then just about any wireless access point would work.
Sorry I meant their router, I didn’t think I would be able to have wireless without another router?

I didn’t think I would be able to have wireless without another router?
You only need a wireless access point to provide Wi-Fi coverage. You don't need another router unless there's some specific hardware restriction imposed by your Tiger device (which seems unlikely). Most standard wireless routers can also operate in "access point mode", but then you're just not using the "router" part of the device.

Would a TP link n300 be ok?
If you're not covering a large area (i.e. an entire house) then it would work, but I wouldn't recommend that device as it only supports the 2.4GHz band. I suggest you buy something that supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz as it will offer much faster speeds for clients that support 5GHz.

Maybe the TP-Link AC1350 (I have no personal experience of this device). It depends how much money you want to spend. The aesthetics or physical restrictions might also be a factor.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!