What's new

CPU constant up and down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David Wolfe

Occasional Visitor
Anyone have an explanation as to why my RT-AC5300's CPU graph is constantly teeter-tottering on CPU with each core taking turns maxing out?

cpu.jpg

This is a constant behavior, not just post boot and TOP via the console line does not show similar data on CPU usage. I just updated to 384.17 from 384.14_2 and both versions show this behavior.

If there is something running a cpu core at 100%, how do I go about tracking that down?

Thanks

-David

Fantastic advice, Colin. That seems to have done the trick. What do you think is the core issue? I'll do a disk check on another system for the drive but is there anything else I should be looking at?

The media server does period scans of the disk to update its library. My guess it's choking on a particular file (or you have too many files :D).

I had this very exact symptom .... the cause was the external USB drive. I ran a check disk from the GUI of the router, and it was fixed ...
Rgds,
GS