What's new

CPU utilisation spikes AX86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just wanted to confirm I also had this issue on my RT-AX86U-Pro and found this thread. Unlinked the app and the issue went away.

Then deleted the app from my phone :) I never even use it.

Can anyone help us with this?
Help with what? You said you fixed it and so did @5stringdeath so there's no need for anyone to reply.
Ok I've just verified if this was the issue and it seems to be the case :/

Disabling remote connection solves the issue, how weird
Just wanted to confirm I also had this issue on my RT-AX86U-Pro and found this thread. Unlinked the app and the issue went away.

Using remote connection causes abnormal cpu spikes that noticeably affects my network connection.

Just to clarify, remote connection is a useful feature that I use regularly and not having this feature is a bit of an issue for me :/

Disabling a feature I need isn’t fixing the underlying cause of the issue which is still undetermined.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, remote connection is a useful feature that I use regularly and not having this feature is a bit of an issue for me :/
Merlin doesn't support Asus' app so you're on your own there. If you install stock Asus firmware and the same problem is present you can report it to Asus and they might fix it.

remote connection is a useful feature that I use regularly

Use the more secure VPN connection to your router instead. You don't need the Asus app for that.