What's new

CT8 Woes - Only affects Playstation and Switch Online Gaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrLeeches

New Around Here
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help with my CT8 issues. I have the dual pack, fairly basic setup using default 5ghz 2nd channel as backhaul.

I have lots of devices on the network (30+ most days) and everything works fine - Chromecast, google home devices, phones, tablets, laptops etc and my internet connection is a fairly solid 200mbps down 20 up.

The issue I am having is that online gaming on my sons switch or PlayStation 4 is unusable. Constant lag spikes and connection errors. Connection tests on the devices themselves seem to be ok, with consistent reporting of approx 30mbps dl and decent ping. In-game is a different matter.

So far I have tried:

• full factory reset and switched points over (switched main to be access point etc)
  • Turned on QoS
  • turned off QoS
  • Separate guest wifi channel for affected devices
  • Put PS4 in DMZ
  • Hardwired PS$ using ethernet
Asus support say its the devices but I know this isn't the case. I have recently switched to ASUS from Google Wifi and they worked fine on that network (switched to fix a different issue). And I have tried the PS4 round my friend house and it worked fine on a crappy isp modem/router with a 10mbps connection!

Have I dropped £300 on some dud hardware?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!