What's new

Custom device icons not displaying correctly in the app [RT-AC86U]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brownie112

Regular Contributor
Custom device icons not displaying correctly in the app but shows up correctly when logged in from the web UI.
[RT-AC86U]

I updated every single device with custom icons for easy recognition. I did this from the mobile app and everything looked good and worked fine for about couple of days.

Today the mobile app is showing the old default icons where as web UI still displays the custom device icons I uploaded earlier.

I cleared cache, restarted the mobile app but didn't seem to fix.

Any advice?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-231034_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-231034_ASUS Router.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20211015-231147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-231147_Chrome.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 130
Custom icons are stored on the router. Check that /jffs is mounted and not corrupt.

Custom icons are stored on the router. Check that /jffs is mounted and not corrupt.
Sure will check.

Does it matter that custom icons are showing correctly via the web UI so the icons definitely exists, it's just the mobile app.

Hi, this what I can see- attached.
I can't see what is wrong, or where the icons will be stored. Or how to check if jffs has any issues.

Attachments

• merlinjffs-1.jpg
    merlinjffs-1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 139
Deleted and re created the swap file, uploaded custom device icon from the web UI in case if the mobile app will pick it up - but didn't.

If it helps, I just installed the Asus app on another device and logged in to check. The custom icons still not there. So safe to assume issue isn't device specific.
Anything else I could test/try to investigate further?

I just went through the whole M&M reset, reformatted USB, created new swap file etc and re added the custom device icons again.

It worked for a whole day and half but just checked now and mobile app is back to showing the default icons where as the web UI still displaying custom icons correctly.

Could someone advice what may be causing this behavior?

I recreated the issue.

Step 1: Add custom icons via mobile app
Step 2: Enable guest wifi (this triggers the warning "You have changed SSID or security setting. This will result in wireless clients disconnecting. Please adjust client's setting for connecting again."

Step 3: Restart the mobile app

Custom icons will be gone, reverted back to original default ones.

Could this be a bug?

Update: this exists in production stable firmware as well. Managed to recreate in latest stable fw from Asus.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!