What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.65SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And you would think that some of those people would just have these pages book marked or tabbed so when they opened there browsers they could see if there was any updates. I have Voxels site and This forum tabbed all the time so I can see what's happening. Some people can be just lazy though. o_O

Thank you Voxel for the wonderful work you do. Wish NG would let you do ALL the FW updates for ALL there router systems. ;)

Some statistics: in any way, R7800 is much more popular over the world... Much more than e.g. R9000. 22 downloads of 65SF before I published this thread. First was from Finland - greetings Finland ;-) Just thinking out loud.

BTW someone asked me: is it possible to organize e-mail notification for a new fw release to do not check the forum. I really do not want to bother with this. And I think it would be against of SNB forums. People have to visit it to support this SNB forums.

[Edited]

P.S.

Well, forgot to say: guys thanks for your "likes": it is important for me, for kamoj, for vladlenas, for W1lliam, percy3. To realize that efforts and time spent are not for nothing .

Voxel.

does this firmware have internet usage page? Or something that shows current internet speeds being used?
Thanks.

I just wanted to thank you Voxel for all your hard and continous work :)
Been using your firmware for quite some time now, Always stable, rock solid.
If you ever come to Paris, round is for me :)

Yes, Voxel use same "Show Statistics" as Netgear stock firmware, for current usage,
and the same "Traffic Meter" for long time usage.

does this firmware have internet usage page? Or something that shows current internet speeds being used?
Thanks.

I saw a screenshot of someones debug page with much more info than stock. How do you enable that?
I guess I'm asking what is the difference with Voxel's firmware from stock? I don't see any additional settings or extra information about what's going on with the router?
Thanks.

Last edited:
BTW someone asked me: is it possible to organize e-mail notification for a new fw release to do not check the forum. I really do not want to bother with this. And I think it would be against of SNB forums. People have to visit it to support this SNB forums.
Hi - I asked for something similar a while back, I'm not sure if I made myself clear, but I wasn't asking for a special email setup. I was thinking it could simply be an "Announce: new Voxel firmware" thread *on SNB* which would not be intended for lengthy tech discussions, but folks could subscribe to it, and get email notifications of any new firmwares released and a pointer to the relevant discussion thread. Otherwise I only discover your new firmware releases by accident. Which is a shame. ;-)

I have updated to 1.0.2.65SF an cant access my usb storage via ftp. Downgraded to 1.0.2.64SF and it works again.
Anybody can confirm this problem?

I've checked intranet FTP with and without authentication (.65SF) and I am getting connection refused.
I have updated to 1.0.2.65SF an cant access my usb storage via ftp. Downgraded to 1.0.2.64SF and it works again.

This firmware doesn't work well with my 800/200 connection, 1st of all I found the speed test result from DSL Report is only about 420/220 while stock firmware .62 can get me full speed of 840/220, so I move on to 2nd test, to download a ipsw (3.6GB) for my iPhone directly from Apple server which is one of the fastest server in my region, result is same with DSL Report, 420mbps+- with Voxel firmware and 840mbps+- with stock.

Maybe is due to the modification of congestion type and mem, I'm not sure.

Both gave me AAA in DSL Report btw

I've checked intranet FTP with and without authentication (.65SF) and I am getting connection refused.
Yes. Sorry: typo bug.

Temporary fix: you should correct the line #101 in /sbin/cmdftp removing wrong ";;":

from;
Code:
        case "$1" in
            0) echo "            AllowUser admin"
               echo "            AllowUser guest";;
            1) echo "            AllowUser admin";;
            2) echo "            AllowUser admin";;
            *);;
        esac

to:
Code:
        case "$1" in
            0) echo "            AllowUser admin"
            1) echo "            AllowUser admin"
            2) echo "            AllowUser admin";;
            *);;
        esac

Will be fixed in the next release.

P.S.
cordezz

Also check the type of access for FTP in GUI: is it allowed for admin only or no (password is set or not). There was a NG bug, see very first post.

12. proftpd: read access issue for admin user is fixed (NG bug).

Voxel.

Dear @Voxel,

Have you had a chance to take a look why enabling Dynamic QoS is causing Attached Devices to prompt for authentication and do not accept any? I know it is coming from NG FW but maybe can be fixed somehow.

Dear @Voxel,

Have you had a chance to take a look why enabling Dynamic QoS is causing Attached Devices to prompt for authentication and do not accept any? I know it is coming from NG FW but maybe can be fixed somehow.

Thanks for your report. I'll check. But not immediately, sorry. Rather end of this week.

Some clarification: something specific with your devices? E.g. connection is disallowed by default?

Voxel.

The issue is affecting web interfaces only and not the actual devices connection. Steps to reproduce:
Basic tab -> Quality of Service -> enable Dynamic QoS
Advanced tab -> Administration -> Attached Devices

Thanks for your report. I'll check. But not immediately, sorry. Rather end of this week.

Some clarification: something specific with your devices? E.g. connection is disallowed by default?

Voxel.

The issue is affecting web interfaces only and not the actual devices connection. Steps to reproduce:
Basic tab -> Quality of Service -> enable Dynamic QoS
Advanced tab -> Administration -> Attached Devices
I've tried to reproduce, but failed. Just see my three devices (two wireless, 5GHz, 2.4GHz and one wired) and their traffic statistic... Not any prompt for authentication and no refuse.

Could somebody check this? I cannot add now more devices for testing.

Voxel.

I checked this with 64SF, and no problem.
(I never chose to encrypt my password. That might make a difference)

I've tried to reproduce, but failed. Just see my three devices (two wireless, 5GHz, 2.4GHz and one wired) and their traffic statistic... Not any prompt for authentication and no refuse.
Could somebody check this? I cannot add now more devices for testing.
Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!