What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.67SF & 1.0.2.67.1SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is the Internet led blinking all the time?

Hey Tom,

Sorry. I don't know. I never look at the led's on the router since it's in the closet, but I would assume it would have been blinking due to the network traffic, but not sure since the requests were going to the router and not a device on my network. It sounds like that's what is happening with your experience with the constant led flashing.

Hey Tom,

Sorry. I don't know. I never look at the led's on the router since it's in the closet, but I would assume it would have been blinking due to the network traffic, but not sure since the requests were going to the router and not a device on my network. It sounds like that's what is happening with your experience with the constant led flashing.

I don´t use Pi-hole, but when I read your post, I thought it could be related with. I hope that when Voxel back from his vacation, can confirm it :)

I've noticed a strange issue after upgrading from .66 to .67. I use pi-hole and noticed that after upgrading there are about 15,000 queries an hour to registration.ngxcld.com from my router's IP. I downgraded back to .66 and the issue disappeared. I don't use ReadyCloud, so I'm not sure why all of these queries were suddenly happening.

Does anyone else use pihole or have seen these queries on .67?

YES, i got 20k queries in 10 min since I updated.
Maybe for this reason the Internet led blinking all the time.
@Voxel can you check?

I've noticed a strange issue after upgrading from .66 to .67. I use pi-hole and noticed that after upgrading there are about 15,000 queries an hour to registration.ngxcld.com from my router's IP. I downgraded back to .66 and the issue disappeared. I don't use ReadyCloud, so I'm not sure why all of these queries were suddenly happening.

Does anyone else use pihole or have seen these queries on .67?

I am experiencing this exact same issue with 67.

What are you piehole users setting as your DNS in the Netgear GUI? I am asking because I couldn't get online when I had piehole setup and directed the router to the pie hole DNS through the GUI. Also are you using DNS crypt or stubby? Thanks

What are you piehole users setting as your DNS in the Netgear GUI? I am asking because I couldn't get online when I had piehole setup and directed the router to the pie hole DNS through the GUI. Also are you using DNS crypt or stubby? Thanks

My pi-hole is set as the DNS and DHCP server. Not using DNS crypt or stubby.

My pi-hole is set as the DNS and DHCP server. Not using DNS crypt or stubby.
Interesting, mine is not set as DHCP server and I use DNS crypt or stubby and still can't get on the internet. Maybe I'll try the way you have your setup but I really like the idea of DNS crypt

Wifi calling working just fine with .66SF iPhone se with T-Mobile. There are 2 iPhone se in the house hold both are fine. Also have a second router in an outbuilding R6400V2 with no issues.

Not related to this firmware as I at least noticed it was happening on .66SF, but is anyone else's WiFi calling working? Not working for me and I know it has in the past
I'm on 67sf.

I put my Galaxy S7 in Airplane Mode to turn off the cellular connection but manually enabled wifi. I am able to make wifi calls.

Hi Voxel,

Thanks for the firmware. For some reason the remote management via Nighthawk app is not working anymore. I tried rebooting but it says cant. Is that module removed or changed which server is not recogonising anymore.

It worked on 65F

Hi Voxel,

Thanks for the firmware. For some reason the remote management via Nighthawk app is not working anymore. I tried rebooting but it says cant. Is that module removed or changed which server is not recogonising anymore.

It worked on 65F

Hope someone else can answer your question. Does rebooting the router manually help?

Voxel is on vacation for a couple of weeks. :)

Nope rebooting not helped infact it was working at 62f and it was up for 6 months with no reboot. And one days net was not working and i upgraded to 65F and 66F and now 67F all version the remote management stopped working. Its a wonderfull feature and give very neeedy feature to control the router and troubleshoot remotely.

I have tried all version s from 65F to 67F the netgear failed to register stating verifying device failed .

I went back to stock firmware 62 and it worked flawlessly. Now i cant get remote from any voxel firmware and dont want to go back to stock for this feature alone.

Hope a fix in next firmware would be good to have

Let's try to help together while waiting for the Guru's comeback!

Was 65SF working or not?
(See your contradicting statements in red).
Also did you try 63SF and or 64SF?

Hi Voxel,

It worked on 65F
...i upgraded to 65F and 66F and now 67F all version the remote management stopped working. Its a wonderfull feature and give very neeedy feature to control the router and troubleshoot remotely.
I have tried all version s from 65F to 67F the netgear failed to register stating verifying device failed .
What is 62f ? Voxel or Stock?

Nope rebooting not helped infact it was working at 62f

ok i thought the last version it worked was 65F but it was rather 62F. Stock 62 is working fine. I jump back to all version from 62F.

As i believe the VPN is removed after that and also things changed from 62F all the way upto 67F. the UI changed a bit and voxel had removed some module especially the vpn i believe dont remember its vpn or download manger.

But the UI change i see is upgrade firmware. page.

I tried all the firmwares reset as well. Still no luck. the nighthwak app refused to register and even the previously registered from stock stopped showing the device offline when i migrate to 62-67F

I noticed that my Internet LED was blinking constantly as some others have mentioned. Rolled back to version 66SF, same behavior. Rolled back to stock version 1.0.2.62 and factory reset, same behavior. It only stops if I disconnect my cable modem from the WAN port. This doesn't see to have anything to do with the Voxel firmware.

I don't have any problems using the Nighthawk app with version 66SF or 67SF on the LAN. I haven't tried remote.

I have the same settings as decantur. I don't use DNS Crypt or Stubby and I use pi-hole for DHCP server and the DNS settings are pointed to my pi-hole IP address.

This might be another topic entirely, but what were you using for pi-hole, e.g. Ubuntu LXC, Debian, Docker, Raspberry Pi? I would make sure that your pi-hole install is using a static IP. I think the Raspberry PI setup is the easiest to get working. It requires little modification unlike using a Linux install or Docker.

can any one confirm remote functiion is working on voxel recent versions. As netgear site says device integrity check failed.

can any one confirm remote functiion is working on voxel recent versions. As netgear site says device integrity check failed.

I tried v2.3.7.6 of the Nighthawk app. I'm running 67SF on my router, and connected locally to it. I tried to turn remote management ON and failed; the app reports "Some error occurred while enabling/disabling remote management".

I don't use remote management myself, but it does appear that something's broken...

This might be another topic entirely, but what were you using for pi-hole, e.g. Ubuntu LXC, Debian, Docker, Raspberry Pi? I would make sure that your pi-hole install is using a static IP. I think the Raspberry PI setup is the easiest to get working. It requires little modification unlike using a Linux install or Docker.[/QUOTE]

I just set up Pi to be used as DHCP server and disabled R7800 DHCP as server. It is working now, thanks!!! I always had Pi as a static ip but for some reason it wasnt working.
So, to my knowledge I currently have Pihole, dnscrypt and nordvpn running, awesome!!!

Definitly noticing how queries is counting up like crazy and not slowing down.

question, do you custom upstream dns servers? unless i select my router(191.168.1.1) as upstream server , then i am unable to connect to the internet. weird

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!