What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.68SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Continuation of
. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-66sf.56631/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-67sf-1-0-2-67-1sf.56921/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.68SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.67.1SF):

1. Kernel vulnerability: CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479 are fixed:
2. unbound package (used in stubby) is upgraded 1.9.1->1.9.2.
3. yaml package (used in stubby) is upgraded 0.2.1->0.2.2.
4. libjson-c package is upgraded 0.12.1->0.13.1.
5. liblz4 package is upgraded 1.8.3->1.9.1.
6. util-linux package is upgraded 2.33.1->2.34.
7. sysstat package is upgraded 11.6.4->12.0.5.
8. gdbm package is upgraded 1.11->1.18.1.
9. uClibc: sync with GNU C library patch is added.
10. zlib package is optimized.
11. ReadyCLOUD install script is changed (cosmetic changes).
12. Host tools: three components are upgraded (bison, mpfr, scons).

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

P.S. Main accent of this release is fixing CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479. The rest is maintenance movement (keeping up-to-date).

Voxel.

@Voxel

Just installed 68SF. Thank you Sir!

8428711508.png

52088974.png

Continuation of
. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-66sf.56631/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-67sf-1-0-2-67-1sf.56921/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.68SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.67.1SF):

1. Kernel vulnerability: CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479 are fixed:
2. unbound package (used in stubby) is upgraded 1.9.1->1.9.2.
3. yaml package (used in stubby) is upgraded 0.2.1->0.2.2.
4. libjson-c package is upgraded 0.12.1->0.13.1.
5. liblz4 package is upgraded 1.8.3->1.9.1.
6. util-linux package is upgraded 2.33.1->2.34.
7. sysstat package is upgraded 11.6.4->12.0.5.
8. gdbm package is upgraded 1.11->1.18.1.
9. uClibc: sync with GNU C library patch is added.
10. zlib package is optimized.
11. ReadyCLOUD install script is changed (cosmetic changes).
12. Host tools: three components are upgraded (bison, mpfr, scons).

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

P.S. Main accent of this release is fixing CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479. The rest is maintenance movement (keeping up-to-date).

Voxel.
hello have you had any issues with the GUI password and questions reseting? I am locked out and wondering if you can give me any direction?

hello have you had any issues with the GUI password and questions reseting? I am locked out and wondering if you can give me any direction?
I had this happen once on a prior Voxel firmware update. IIRC, I power cycled the 7800 and I was able to enter my login credentials without having to fool with the security questions.

Hi, i was wondering if its at all possible to enable an option to set WAN VLAN tagging.

My ISP requires my WAN port to tag packages with VLAN ID 101, and this is not possible afaik, from the firmware right now.

I can find the VLAN options for the LAN and WIFI, but i need WAN VLAN tagging.

Any insight would be helpfull :)

/Rolf

UPDATE:

I found the setting under "VLAN / Bridge Settings".

There was a premade group called "Internet" that could only get its VLAN ID edited, not the member ports. This turned out to be the WAN VLAN!

Last edited:
I had this happen once on a prior Voxel firmware update. IIRC, I power cycled the 7800 and I was able to enter my login credentials without having to fool with the security questions.

wish this fixed it for me but power cycled a few times and no luck. and my security questions are reset. The questions i picked are there but its not accepting my answers.

wish this fixed it for me but power cycled a few times and no luck. and my security questions are reset. The questions i picked are there but its not accepting my answers.
Appears you'll have to reset the 7800 back to its factory settings. If you previously saved the router's configuration, you can upload the cfg file back into the router after reset. Otherwise, you have to manually configure the router. I attached the pertinent info for the factory reset.

Attachments

• 7800_RESET.pdf
    18.4 KB · Views: 484
Appears you'll have to reset the 7800 back to its factory settings. If you previously saved the router's configuration, you can upload the cfg file back into the router after reset. Otherwise, you have to manually configure the router. I attached the pertinent info for the factory reset.
Thanks for this pdf

same here had that happen a few times. It comes and goes with firmware updates, have no idea why and don't know why it goes away

Does this fix remote management access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is somewhere checkbox "never remind me" after flashing from old fw version:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-65sf.55917/page-6#post-490059
Last R7800, with settings set anew, I have flashed it already three times by my internal betas (checking "never remind me") and it does not ask me anymore.

It is changed design of NG since their latest official stock release (Jan 2019): now passwords are stored in nvram as a HASH.

Voxel.

Sorry I missed your message. So I am not depth of nvram . All I was doing upgrade from previous version. What should I do to get remote access enabled ie ready cloud enabled in 68 version

Try just to flash it (68SF).

Voxel.

I am in 68f but still remote says on but can’t see on mobile network. Do I need to reset and restore
c8b1b034d027b9a955c3e3574f4e4fe5.jpg

bc4023f83823c9dc1256d0446ab4b0d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• rc.JPG
    rc.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Thanks for this release Voxel!

hi, i'm use openvpn in this router
is it okay to see this on /var/log/openvpn-client.log

Sun Jul 21 13:33:15 2019 Initialization Sequence Completed
/opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: /opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: 3: system: not found
/opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: /opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: 4: system: not found
Please specify hardware_id (by --hardware_id option) to run xagent.
It should contain only upper latin letters and numbers and have 13 symbols
/opt/xagent/xagent: [-d|--daemon] [-c|--config_file <file name>]
[--disable_console] [--disable_log_file] [--model_id]
[--ca_path <path to CA folder>] [--ca_file <path to cert file>]
[--log_debug|--log_info|--log_warning|--log_error|--log_silent]
[-w|--watchdog] [-v|--version] [--log_file <filename>]
[-s|--service_id <service_id>] [--discovery_time <discovery time>]
[--discovery_id <id>] [--carrier_id <id>] [--discovery_data <data>]
[--start_paused]
[--pid_file <pid_file>] [--watchdog_pid_file <pid_file>]
[--broker_keepalive <time>,<probes>,<intv>] [--agent_keepalive <time>,<probes>,<intv>]
[--agent_heartbeat <time>]
--hardware_id <hardware id> [--model_id <model_id>]
Content-type:text/html

hi, i'm use openvpn in this router
is it okay to see this on /var/log/openvpn-client.log

No. These messages

/opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: /opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: 3: system: not found
/opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: /opt/xagent/run-xagent.sh: 4: system: not found

are related to ReadyCLOUD: seems it was not installed properly on your R7800.

Maybe you copy/paste not /var/log/openvpn-client.log but some system log? To see /var/log/openvpn-client.log it is necessary to run the command from telnet/ssh console:

Code:
cat /var/log/openvpn-client.log

but not in WebGUI of router.

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!