What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.77SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wasn’t going to say anything, but I can’t resist. I’m a bit taken aback by this sort of post / sentiment in how impatient and entitled it is.

Perhaps this is not the person’s intention, but it amounts to “you are not providing me with personalised support for your 100% optional and free of charge work, so I am not using your FW”. I think that stinks and is yet another example of how people somehow develop this concept that they’re owed something in exchange for absolutely nothing. It would have been something if the person was polite, but looking at some of the responses, they were quite blunt. One can’t help but feel “get lost and good riddance, you won’t be missed” is the required sentiment. But I know that the community here is generally very positive and polite (and is that much better for being so).

I know that Voxel would probably not respond in any such way. He’s better than that. Very frustrating seeing posts like this though. Anyway - rant over!

Did you try to mesure transfer speeds with scp?
Did you try the WiFi optimization proposed (changing active core)?

We can only help step by step, and first we need to know if what was proposed is bringing any result to find a solution or for @Voxel to add options in his firmware.

PS: I don’t think @Voxel is not interested in that. I think he has little time as it is a benevolent side project for him and it is a huge task to maintain such a firmware as he does (for several models no less).
If I recall, he did not discard to look at that but needs you to try what was proposed first before considering a possible next step.

Now, if stock firmware is fulfilling your needs, that is fine.

SteevieWeevie HELLO_wORLD thank you.

Unfortunately I cannot provide the help to guys who are not interested to help themselves...

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!