What's new

D-Link DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router: Second Time's the Charm?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if it helps anyone, I found the dir-825 h/w B1 (firmware 2.02na) at costco for $109 today. Pretty nice price. I bought one to consider updating my dir-655 and get better streaming with N on 5.0. We'll see how it works soon.

Anyone else comment on how it compares to the dir-655 for g and n coverage?

Sean

Unbalanced link speeds?

Oh my dear, after a year of buying this router, I've discovered that one of the four links is working only with 10 mbit/s. 1-3 are fine, with gigabit connection, but the number 4 is slow as hell.
I see nothing within the setup to change the speeds link by link. It has been set to Auto/10/100/1000 in general. That's it.

What could be wrong? The HW? My FW is the original one (I#m pleasant with it) 2.01b (or something).

Thanks in advance for your hints or advices,
vasgyuszi from Munich

PS: to the router are two PCs and one media player connected by wire and one DAP-1522 via 5GHz. By oversight I've connected one of my PC to the port4 instead of 3 and than I recognised this 10 mbit/s, displayed on the WinXP also. I've tried many cables without success. Back to the port 3 (or any other than 4) were the speed back again to Gbit. I'm out of ideas...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!