What's new

DDNS-Start wont autorun?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JoQ

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Running Merlin 380.63_2 on my AC68U.
I have setup a Namecheap ddns in the Asus settings, and also created a ddns-start in /jffs/scripts/ (also activated custom JFFS scripts in settings).
The ddns-start looks like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

curl -s "https://dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=www&domain=mydomain.com&password=mypasswordgoeshere"

/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1

And after creating this I ran it, and it updated fine, every subdomain on my Namecheap is updated and working great. But today when I went to a subdomain of mine, I couldn't access it. I could access the main domain (which is in Asus settings).

So it seems like it doesn't run this script after running the main DDNS update?

How can I make sure that this script will be running automatically everytime my IP updates?

It is executable "chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/ddns-start"

I ran the script manually today and it works great now, but I want to make sure this is automated until next time.

Thank you!

Same thing happened again, today when I went to one of my subdomains, I could not get to my services. So I checked Namecheap and it hasn't updated the subdomains.
The main domain does update without any trouble (because that is the one I have setup in the router UI settings).
My DDNS-Start script wont autorun when the IP is updated.
How do I make sure that it will autorun everytime the IP changes?

Please help me! I have to manually run it every time!

EDIT: When I run it manually the output looks like this (I have more subdomains than what I posted in my first post):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP></IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response><?xml version="1.0"?><interface-response><Command>SETDNSHOST</Command><Language>eng</Language><IP>IPADRESS</IP><ErrCount>0</ErrCount><ResponseCount>0</ResponseCount><Done>true</Done><debug><![CDATA[]]></debug></interface-response>

Last edited: