What's new

Solved Debugging down of rTorrent service

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
Hi! i installed rtorent using

rtorrent-easy-install on my merlin-entware installation.​

The service start, gui is ok but one time rtorrent go down (i suppose when test dwonload finish). Syslog information are very poor: where I can find more infos?

Thanks to all!

Hi! i installed rtorent using

rtorrent-easy-install on my merlin-entware installation.​

The service start, gui is ok but one time rtorrent go down (i suppose when test dwonload finish). Syslog information are very poor: where I can find more infos?

Thanks to all!
Update: at startup doesnt't go up, started manually go....
but is terrible slow.
In my computer torrent goes much more faster.. on router even if i forwarded torrent port is very slow. why?
p.s=UPNP is anabled
bye
Olindo

Last edited:
Resetted jffss file, i installed a new USB SSD, formatting i, i installeed entware, and I installed rtorrent-easy-install but rtorrent service doesnt start...

I hacked launching script to show errors and i viewed

Starting rtorrent... getpwuid() can't identify your account!
failed

why in not recognized my account? how i can repair?

Thanks

Resetted jffss file, i installed a new USB SSD, formatting i, i installeed entware, and I installed rtorrent-easy-install but rtorrent service doesnt start...

failed

Thanks
What verssion of OpenWrT-Merlin arre you runnin?

failed

Thanks
I am wondering if it is an issue with the version of rtorrent that Entware is providing? have you tried asking the entware developers or the Rtorrrent peeoples?

what do you get when you do ls -la /opt/etc/passwd /opt/etc/group in the terminal?

Also, what is produced from cat /opt/etc/passwd

Because getpwuid(): uid should be attempting to read from entrieess present in /opt/etc/passwd. If this is not configured correctly, (either by entware install, or user install) then it could explain why you are seeeing thiss errorr.

Last edited:
very strange i have passw.1 group.1 and shells.1 on /opt/etc directory.... my entware atmt script seems fail...

Addendum
i copied the files with their right name and rtorrent started... but is not working well

Last edited: