What's new

DHCP failing to give DNS to clients in Merlin 380.68_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Observation2017

New Around Here
First time Merlin has had a defect that affects my usage. My RT-AC66U starts out with DHCP working correctly but after a few hours or couple days, DHCP starts just passing out IPs without the rest of the associated parameter values. Suddenly no Internet access but DHCP clients can access stuff on home network by IP including router web GUI. Probably not so much time as number of DHCP client service events...or some other service overwriting its parameter storage space. Memory leak?

Rebooting fixes things. As does changing the values for DNS in DHCP service area. Not sure if the values change forces DHCP reboot or not. DHCP at least re-reads values.

Annoying.

Yes I check checksums before updating. No other noticeable problems. No total crashes. Still flash might have problems or one time write error. Not wearing flash out reinstalling 380.68_4 until I know this is unique to my router.

Anyone else had/having this annoyance?

Any solutions?

Not sure if you managed to fix it but had similar issues when I flashed previous builds. Can't find it but think the recommendation is to do "factory restore" once in every 3rd FW flash.