What's new

Difference in Belkin F5d8233-4 V3 and V4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

musicfreak

New Around Here
I have just bought the Belkin F5d8233-4 V3 router and F5d8053 USB adapter combi pack second hand.

At http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30230/100/1/2/ I read that sometimes there is a complete redesign between hardware versions with different chipsets. Is that also the case with the Belkin F5d8233-4 V3 and V4? A quick look at the firmware page seems like it.

Does anyone know the difference in performance? And which version was tested at http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30375/96/ ?

The same case goes for my F5d8053USB adapter with it's possibly 5 harware versions. I have version 3.

I tested Hardware Version 4000 of the router and Version 1000 of the Belkin F5D8013 N Wireless Notebook Card.

Take the FCC IDs from the serial # labels of the router and card and go to the FCC ID database. Enter the ID (you need to break it up between the first three characters and the rest of the ID...make sure you enter a "-" if it is in the FCC ID.

Then download the internal photos and take a look.

I tested Hardware Version 4000 of the router and Version 1000 of the Belkin F5D8013 N Wireless Notebook Card.

Ok...

I've download the version 3 and 4 (the last one by simply changing the last C to a D, regretfully the A and B didn't work). You can find them at:

USB adapter V3
USB adapter V4
router V3
router V4

The board of the router has another colour, but I see the same Ralink chipset (RT2820L). Will the performance be the same?

If the two revisions are using the same chipset, they will have similar performance.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!