What's new

Kamoj Kamoj information add-on V4 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10 (Temperatures a.o.)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You should be able to scroll down the form.
If you can not, I have forgot to include the patch for allow scrolling. :(

Hello,

Have installed the kamoj add-on on my r9000. Everything looks great, however, the field where we can set and change the temperature values and fan speed gone.
Is it normal or do I have to change/enable any additional function now ?

Cheers,
A

Maybe you could include syslogd in next version of your add-on?
Something that will get enabled by issuing for example nvram set syslog_ip=10.0.0.1 command?
Sample config for syslog can be found here:
in line 30 of /etc/init.d/syslgod:
Code:
    syslogd -C -m 0 -T "$($CONFIG get time_zone)" -c "$g_total"
new file /etc/init.d/zzzsyslogd-net
Code:
#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common
# Copyright (C) 2006 OpenWrt.org
START=99

LOG_CATEGORY_FILE=/tmp/logcategory
CONFIG=/bin/config

SLIP=10.0.0.1

# save the log category information
g_total=0

update_check_log ()
{
        local LAS=$(($($CONFIG get log_allow_sites) << 0))
        local LBSS=$(($($CONFIG get log_block_sites_services) << 1))
        local LCWI=$(($($CONFIG get log_conn_web_interface) << 2))
        local LRO=$(($($CONFIG get log_router_operation) << 3))
        local LDAPS=$(($($CONFIG get log_dos_attacks_port_scans) << 4))
        local LPFT=$(($($CONFIG get log_port_firwarding_trigering) << 5))
        local LWA=$(($($CONFIG get log_wire_access) << 6))
        local LACR=$(($($CONFIG get log_internet_conn_reset) << 7))
        local LWOS=$(($($CONFIG get log_wire_signal_sched) << 8))
        local LVPN=$(($($CONFIG get log_vpn_head) << 10))

g_total=$(($LAS + $LBSS + $LCWI + $LRO + $LDAPS + $LPFT + $LWA + $LACR + $LWOS + $LVPN))
}

start ()
{
    update_check_log
    logread | nc $SLIP 514
    killall syslogd
    syslogd -L -R $SLIP -m 0 -T "$($CONFIG get time_zone)" -c "$g_total"
}

stop ()
{
    killall syslogd
}

restart ()
{
    stop
    start
}

Limitations:
1. Has been tested with syslog server connected within LAN segment over Ethernet only.
2. Syslog server has to accept messages via both UDP and TCP.

Regarding higher CPU load: that was my hypothesis based on what you wrote about openvpn generating that error and higher load shown by debug page. However as I wrote top is not showing any CPU peaks.
Thank you anyway for quickly identifying the issue and sorting it out!
Anyway I am rarely using dmesg relying instead on syslog which most of the time is with proper timestamps. So unless you configure syslogd to send messages to external host logread should show them with timestamps.

You should be able to scroll down the form.
If you can not, I have forgot to include the patch for allow scrolling. :(

Hello kamoj,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let me also tell you really appreciate for your great job !

Yes I am actually able to scroll page down, but screen ends exactly at option "Enable 11k". I have printed screen to you check what exactly I am seeing on my end.

kamoj debug.jpg

Cheers ,
A

I don't own an R9000, so I can't answer you immediately.
Voxel has one, but he is busy with something else now.

So I have to check Netgears source code to if something is changed there.
Then I'll come back to you.

Hello kamoj,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let me also tell you really appreciate for your great job !

Yes I am actually able to scroll page down, but screen ends exactly at option "Enable 11k". I have printed screen to you check what exactly I am seeing on my end.

Cheers ,
A

Kamoj, getting this when running the code suggested:
root@R7800:/$ dos2unix -u full_path_and_name_to.ovpn

dos2unix: full_path_and_name_to.ovpn: No such file or directory

root@R7800:/$

Also, second question, when adding the NOVPN string, should it look like this: "PHILIPS_9200_NOVPN" or "WNDR3400V3_HD_NOVPN"?

Last edited:
1). You must replace "full_path_and_name_to.ovpn" with e.g. "/etc/openvpn/config/client/nordvpn.ovpn",
where nordvpn.ovpn is the name of your .ovpn file.
Example:
dos2unix -u /etc/openvpn/config/client/nordvpn.ovpn

2). The complete string can look any way you like, it must just include the character sequence: NOVPN
Both your examples are valid.
Another valid example is: NOVPNLord_Vader

Kamoj, getting this when running the code suggested:
root@R7800:/$ dos2unix -u full_path_and_name_to.ovpn

dos2unix: full_path_and_name_to.ovpn: No such file or directory

root@R7800:/$

Also, second question, when adding the NOVPN string, should it look like this: "PHILIPS_9200_NOVPN" or "WNDR3400V3_HD_NOVPN"?

I checked it, and I'm sorry for what has happened. :(
This form for the R9000 is exactly the same as for the R7800.
Obviously I've missed to include all R9000 specifics.
Sorry for that!:oops:

I'll try to fix it in the next version of the Add-on. :D

Hello,

Have installed the kamoj add-on on my r9000. Everything looks great, however, the field where we can set and change the temperature values and fan speed gone.
Is it normal or do I have to change/enable any additional function now ?

Cheers,
A

I don't own an R9000, so I can't answer you immediately.
Voxel has one, but he is busy with something else now.

So I have to check Netgears source code to if something is changed there.
Then I'll come back to you.

I checked it, and I'm sorry for what has happened. :(
This form for the R9000 is exactly the same as for the R7800.
Obviously I've missed to include all R9000 specifics.
Sorry for that!:oops:

I'll try to fix it in the next version of the Add-on. :D

No worries at all. Glad I was able to reporting that issue to you.
Looking forward for the next addon update ;)

Cheers,
A.

@kamoj

I have been wanting to try your add-on for a couple months, but I can't do without the R9000 specifics (fan info, etc).

Have you made any progress on this?

It will be in next add-on release.

For now you can do a simple work-around to keep Netgear debug page in parallel with the kamoj one:

Follow the normal installation procedure, but add this command to the end.
Code:
\cp -p /rom/www/debug_detail.htm /www/debug_netgear.htm
Then continue the installation as normal.

To access the original Netgear page with fan info etc:
http://www.routerlogin.net/debug_netgear.htm

@kamoj
I have been wanting to try your add-on for a couple months, but I can't do without the R9000 specifics (fan info, etc).
Have you made any progress on this?

Last edited:
@kamoj

Suggestions

System Version Information
System Uptime
- Move these under 'Router Information'

CPU Frequencies
- Move this above 'CPU Load Total (per core)'

Temperatures CPU / WiFi0 / WiFi1
- Separate the CPU temperature from the WiFi0/1 temperatures
- Move the CPU temperature under 'CPU Load Total (per core)'
- Move the WiFi0/1 temperatures to the WiFi0/1 sections respectively

Enhancements

CPU Load Total (per core)
- Add a button to display the output from the 'top' command in a separate window
- System Load Average could be removed to make room as it would be displayed above
- Include the capability to auto-refresh and/or manually refresh

Memory Usage (Used/Total)
- Are you calculating this value differently than stock? If so, please show both.
- I ask because used memory went from ~150MB to 768MB after installing your add-on

Flash Usage (Used/Total)
- Are you calculating this value differently than stock? If so, please show both.
- I ask because used flash went from ~208MB to 448MB

DNSCrypt v2 Servers
- Don't display 'Forced:1: []' when server_names is commented out in the /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml configuration file
- Display 'Date of: /etc/blacklist.txt' if blacklist_file is uncommented in the /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml configuration file
- Add a button to display the contents of the '/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml' file in a separate window

Port Status
- Add the SFP+ port
- I believe the possible values are Link down, 1G, or 10G
- The SFP+ port can be used for LAN or WAN duties
- When the SFP+ port is used for WAN duties it may be misleading to show the WAN port as down​

Add the R9000 Fan section/table to the bottom

Use the stock R9000 debug page to base your R9000 debug page on instead of the stock R7800 debug page
- The options, their order, and their placement are slightly different

@kamoj

Bugs

The uninstall process didn't restore my version of the /etc/rc.local file, but instead to the original version (with just exit 0).

The uninstall process doesn't seem to restore the fan section/table correctly. It looks off, but I can't quite put my finger on what's changed. Maybe loss of borders and/or images?

Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Some comments:
  • I don't own or have access to an R9000, so I need help from someone with changes such as SFP+ etc :rolleyes:
  • Yes, the uninstall restores the Netgear stock version.:oops: Same as when updating the Firmware, you get the stock version.
    This will be fixed in a future release.
  • As for fan section, see https://www.snbforums.com/threads/k...x10-temperatures-a-o.55063/page-4#post-469140
    But it should look ok after uninstall, if you use http://www.routerlogin.net/debug.htm instead of debug_detail.htm / debug_netgear.htm. :confused:
    Can you check again and take screen dumps to find out what is wrong? (E.g. check the scroll bar ...)
@kamoj
Bugs
The uninstall process didn't restore my version of the /etc/rc.local file, but instead to the original version (with just exit 0).
The uninstall process doesn't seem to restore the fan section/table correctly. It looks off, but I can't quite put my finger on what's changed. Maybe loss of borders and/or images?

Kamoj,

Good afternoon. Some time ago when I was trying to fix network clients not showing in the device list you told me the individual commands to use telnet to enter to address it. Changes the frequency of polling, something like that. Not your script, just the individual command lines that are in your script. I can't find that post. Would you mind posting them again?

I found it.

while true; do I=$(ip route|awk '/br0/&&/src/ {print $NF}'|awk -F"." '{for(i=1;i<=3;i++) printf $i"."; print ""}');for ip in $(seq 254);do $(ping -c1 $I$ip>/dev/null 2>/dev/null&); usleep 40000; done; sleep 600; done &

Was experimenting here and went back to stock firmware. Installed the addon and it works on stock too. Of course, you won't get additional info on dnscrypt2 and others since they are missing on stock but everything else works on stock .63

And so it says on the first page of the topic: (It is also working with Netgear stock Firmware )

Not sure though how to do with the upcoming release.
There are many and big changes, so we have to see about that.

Are there any Netgear stock users that use my addons?
Was experimenting here and went back to stock firmware. Installed the addon and it works on stock too. Of course, you won't get additional info on dnscrypt2 and others since they are missing on stock but everything else works on stock .63

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!