What's new

Disable 5Ghz AC68U repeater mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zipu

New Around Here
snbForums.png

This is my current setup. As I said in the title, I'd like to disable 5Ghz rebroadcasting in the repeater with AsusWRT, due to it being slower than 2,4Ghz. I did a little bit of research, and found that you can disable the 5Ghz radio, but then my backhaul wouldn't work. Also, if Merlin allows this, I could consider installing that.

Thanks!

Edit: Grammar

If you are using AiMesh the answer is no. If it is actually set up as a WIFI repeater just disable the SSID broadcast in the repeater. DOes not have to be Merlin firmware.
By the way. The 5 GHZ is acting as it should. The 5 GHZ is spending half of its time rebroadcasting the packets. Nothing wrong with that,

If it is actually set up as a WIFI repeater just disable the SSID broadcast in the repeater.
How do you do that. The only setting I can find is where you specify the the 5GHz SSID/Authentication Method/encryption/key. It won't let you set a null SSID, and you certainly don't want to omit encryption, authentication or key as that would leave it open and unsecured.

Update: nevermind - I found the answer in another thread. To hide the SSID you need to go to a hidden (when in repeater mode) screen by appending /Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp to the repeater's url.

Note that this doesn't turn off the 5GHz repeater - just makes it non-visible to the world.
I like spamming neighbors with unorthodox SSID strings. Currently "(.)(.)".

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!