What's new

disney +won't stream on a roku device while using express VPNs DNS servers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
Recently Disney + started streaming down under (Australia) .Now I use a smart proxy server on my Roku device without any issues with any other apps .For the first day or two I could stream Disney + as well and all of a sudden I get an error code (36) when trying to watch anything on disney+ I can get around it by swapping over to a tp link router I have set up to pass through the main router ( rt ac 88 u).Problem is the war office and the kids don't have the patience to learn how to swap routers which is really simple,so unless I am around they can't watch it .My question is there anything I can do about it or is Disney + just blocking express VPNs DNS proxy server for some reason.

You can get PureVPN or Surfshark. They both work with Disney+ on Roku.

Recently Disney + started streaming down under (Australia) .Now I use a smart proxy server on my Roku device without any issues with any other apps .For the first day or two I could stream Disney + as well and all of a sudden I get an error code (36) when trying to watch anything on disney+ I can get around it by swapping over to a tp link router I have set up to pass through the main router ( rt ac 88 u).Problem is the war office and the kids don't have the patience to learn how to swap routers which is really simple,so unless I am around they can't watch it .My question is there anything I can do about it or is Disney + with PureVPN not working or is it working for some reason.

Recently Disney + started streaming down under (Australia) .Now I use a smart proxy server on my Roku device without any issues with any other apps .For the first day or two I could stream Disney + as well and all of a sudden I get an error code (36) when trying to watch anything on disney+ I can get around it by swapping over to a tp link router I have set up to pass through the main router ( rt ac 88 u).Problem is the war office and the kids don't have the patience to learn how to swap routers which is really simple,so unless I am around they can't watch it .My question is there anything I can do about it or is Disney + just blocking express VPNs DNS proxy server for some reason.
Use xntrk guides to bypass vpn.

Good old faithful xntrix [sic] the original VPN guru
'Original' ? - hmmm, I think that recognition/accolade should probably go to @janosek with his thread Selective Routing with Asuswrt-Merlin back in Jan 2013, and I joined the Selective Routing script-support party later in the same year using my RT-N66U with @RMerlin's (exceptional-range-boosted) v270.26b firmware.

All this some two years before the Selective Routing GUI was added to the firmware in April 2015.

Furthermore, in 2016 I received post #552 ;)

Similar issues with Amazon Prime Germany. It don't work anymore with any major vpn provider nor it's supported within my local network jurisdiction. So I cancelled the subscription. No need for headache anymore.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

'Original' ? - hmmm, I think that recognition/accolade should probably go to @janosek with his thread Selective Routing with Asuswrt-Merlin back in Jan 2013, and I joined the Selective Routing script-support party later in the same year using my RT-N66U with @RMerlin's (exceptional-range-boosted) v270.26b firmware.

All this some two years before the Selective Routing GUI was added to the firmware in April 2015.

Furthermore, in 2016 I received post #552 ;)
My most humble apologies I was not aware of all the previous work I do however feel honoured to have access to all you VPN gurus work and take my hat off and send you all a big hug from down under ( can you feel the love ❤) I think I can safely say that for all Aussies who are sick of all the crap viewing we have to put up with without VPN support

I am almost certain that expressVPN's mediastreamer DNS works ONLY with USA Netflix...nothing else.

I am almost certain that expressVPN's mediastreamer DNS works ONLY with USA Netflix...nothing else.
No it works with Hulu Amazon prime us HBO and any other us streaming service I think the problem may be that Disney+ is Australia based or at least the one we have just recently got so it just confuses it trying to stream with a proxy DNS server it may think that I am trying to stream it from the US

No it works with Hulu Amazon prime us HBO and any other us streaming service I think the problem may be that Disney+ is Australia based or at least the one we have just recently got so it just confuses it trying to stream with a proxy DNS server it may think that I am trying to stream it from the US
Although having said that the one thing I can't get with the express media streamer DNS proxy server is fandango which is strictly pay for a movie as apposed to pay for a month's access.To get fandango I have to turn the media streamer off and connect to an express VPN location ,like LA 3 with their VPN service and it will work.The things we do to keep the kids from killing each other eh

Although having said that the one thing I can't get with the express media streamer DNS proxy server is fandango which is strictly pay for a movie as apposed to pay for a month's access.To get fandango I have to turn the media streamer off and connect to an express VPN location ,like LA 3 with their VPN service and it will work.The things we do to keep the kids from killing each other eh

I encountered the similar hassle with express, when my niece tried to use it in UK for D+. She struggle to make it even to the log in screen, but now many of the mainstream vpns working with Disney+ ...why wait for the march release when you play it anywhere now!

I encountered the similar hassle with express, when my niece tried to use it in UK for D+. She struggle to make it even to the log in screen, but now many of the mainstream vpns working with Disney+ ...why wait for the march release when you play it anywhere now!
Yes the streaming channels are getting smarter.Just lately I can't stream US Netflix from Australia using express VPNs DNS servers even if I turn it off and stream it through a VPN location like la 3 that has always worked,it will stream for a while then the dreaded error message comes up,,you may be using a proxy server turn it off and try again.Their loss I just cancelled Netflix

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!