What's new

#Diversion: DNSfilter and Youtube ads interaction

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shama_001

Regular Contributor
Hello guys,

I test since a couple of days (weeks) Diversion with YouTube ads removal engaged. My Android TV was not blocking a mush ads as the other devices, and never reported in system log something like "Diversion: found 1 new YouTube hosts".

Current setup:
WAN DNS configured with Cloudflare ant DOT
LAN DHCP DNS empty.
DHCP clients receive the router IP as DNS only

As it I see YT URL caught by Diversion for iPad and other devices except the Android TV in the system log.
Watching the TV traffic in FlexQoS the hard-coded DNS 8.8.8.8 is reported when using YouTube on the TV. hence I engaged the LAN>DNSfilter with default entry "router".
Such I hope all DNS requests will use the above DNS settings.

Result:
It seems to work, no more DNS traffic seen in FlexQoS tracked connection except for exception configured in LAN>DNSfilter. It sound logical to ma as the router connection to DNS will not be a tracked connection.

Since I engaged the DNSfilter I see no more entries about caught YT URLs ("Diversion: found 1 new YouTube hosts"). Neither for the TV nor any other device. With or without exception in DNSfilter section.

Am I missing something here?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!