What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just system DNS
I'm having the same setup, currently not having dnscrypt installed, only CF as system DNS. I just killed my WAN connections (after 128 days uptime, but hey...) but I can't reproduce the issue you're experiencing. As soon as WAN is up again, everything works as supposed. Are these ads you're experiencing gone after rebooting the router? Aren't they accidently ads which weren't blocked in the first place?

Next time the wan restarts try accessing the servstats page. The instructions are on the first page of this thread. If you can, then pixelserv-tls is running.
I’ll definitely do that next time it goes down and I’ll see if the servstats come up.

I'm having the same setup, currently not having dnscrypt installed, only CF as system DNS. I just killed my WAN connections (after 128 days uptime, but hey...) but I can't reproduce the issue you're experiencing. As soon as WAN is up again, everything works as supposed. Are these ads you're experiencing gone after rebooting the router? Aren't they accidently ads which weren't blocked in the first place?
Yes, they are gone after doing a reboot of the router. That’s what’s throwing me off.

Next time the wan restarts try accessing the servstats page. The instructions are on the first page of this thread. If you can, then pixelserv-tls is running.

Actually, they're not (instructions on the first page) :rolleyes: Or maybe I'm overlooking them, it's getting late here...

Just visit http://192.168.1.2/servstats (replace the pixelserv IP if you changed it to something else).

Just to be sure, did you install Diversion Lite or Standard? If you chose Lite, pixelserv hasn't been installed by Diversion, hence you won't see servstats either.

Actually, they're not (instructions on the first page) :rolleyes: Or maybe I'm overlooking them, it's getting late here...

Just visit http://192.168.1.2/servstats (replace the pixelserv IP if you changed it to something else).

Just to be sure, did you install Diversion Lite or Standard? If you chose Lite, pixelserv hasn't been installed by Diversion, hence you won't see servstats either.
Now I remember where I saw it, at the end of setup it is displayed briefly in the gui....:oops:

How does the "wc_blacklist" work?
like what diffrent types of blocking commands can I use in it?

(...) Doing some digging, it appears that Diversion doesn’t start back up automatically once the WAN comes back up and I have to manually restart the router to get it to take effect again. Is there anything I can do to have Diversion automatically restart once the WAN comes back up after going down?
Diversion operation is not affected by the WAN status. Maybe your devices have cellular data and use this while your router is Incommunicado to the outside world.

Now I remember where I saw it, at the end of setup it is displayed briefly in the gui....:oops:
The pixelserv stats link is also shown in ep.

How does the "wc_blacklist" work?
like what diffrent types of blocking commands can I use in it?
The wildcard blacklist blocks every subdomain that ends with, for example, foo.com.
ads.foo.com, news.foo.com, blog.bar.foo.com are blocked if you add foo.com to the wc_blacklist.
However, barfoo.com is not blocked since it is its own domain.

Diversion 4.0.1 is now available

What's new in Diversion 4.0.1

- Porting AB-Solution to Diversion: Gentler handling of existing jffs/scripts files
- Command-line options simplified (use 'diversion help' for new parameters)
- Option added to turn off shell history
- Checks in UI if pixelserv-tls is running
- Firmware update notification, fix for non-Diversion update-notification script
- Auto-backup function now works
- Saving stats to local storage only no longer requires the email.conf file

Contributors:
@Martineau in function list_files(): Allow $ and spaces in file names
sf_function(): Inspiration for horizontal list if file-list is greater than 3

@bengalih in function edit_list(): Additional code for near matches in whitelist

How to update to Diversion 4.0.1

To update to this latest version use d and select update.

i think he's referring to the upgrade diversion....greyed out
So, in d, if you installed Diversion Lite, it would give you the option to upgrade to Diversion Standard.
All ported AB-Solution installation with pixelser-tls (ps) installed were ported to Diversion Standard.
Hence, for those there is a greyed out upgrade option.

Note that in d, when running Re-install Diversion <version>, Diversion is reinstalled from local files, not overwriting (user modified) local files.
When running Update Diversion <version>, all files are pulled from my server again, overwriting (user modified) local files.

Does updating completely overwrite post-mount.sh?

I upgraded from abs to div last week and the next morning I saw some of my ipcams throwing errors. I found out it was because my ntpd script was gone from post-mount.sh. I added it back. Now all is working, but I thought that was a one time thing from upgrading to div from abs. Hopefully this won't happen again when it comes time to update div. I am guessing not, since it appears div is now using it's own post-mount.div so no real need to overwrite the .sh (as long as the .div link stays the same).

[Edit: Nevermind, I just updated to 4.0.1 from 4.0.0, and the ntp script is still there.]

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for the ‘wife filter’ here too. :D

Update when smoothly, looking good so far. :)
FS working a great here, but still not quite the 'wife and kids button' I was looking for. What I really need is a shortcut on my phone that toggle both div and skynet with one click to check if white listing is needed. I can't count how many times last year that I had to ssh in to see if scripts were the culprit for a down site, and out of those times only 3 turned out needing to be whitelisted. A quick toggle button would be very useful... then I won't have to stop in the middle of mowing the lawn to see if there is a quick end to ww3 inside the home.

yY2K8cd.png

So i have installed diversion and ssh shows it as running.
anything else need to be done?
eg. changing dns on my router and such?
how does traffic get filtered through pixelserv-tls ip?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!