What's new

Dlink DIR 655 no gigabit speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

laser21

New Around Here
Hi, I have the following configuration:

Main PC - Intel E8500, 4gb RAM, WD Raptor 150gb, Asus P5E3 deluxe
I have the ethernet connected to the marvell 1000 network card

Server - asus notebook - network is 100

NAS - Buffalo Linkstation LS-GL F which is 1000

All are connected to the Dlink Dir 655. It has also wireless enabled with wpa2 aes. Different firmware was used.

When I transfer between the linkstation and the main PC, I only get 100 speeds - 12MBps. Sometimes 14,5MBps - which makes me struggle to believe that the network is limited to a 100. The cables are CAT5, have all 4 pairs connected. (I just ordered some cat6 to be sure its not the cables) I have enabled jumbo frames on the linkstation(4mb) also on the marvell on my main PC.
I tried to unplug the server from the router...no change.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot

Yes, this is completely normal.

I also have Buffalo Linkstation Live and a laptop with a gigabit port. Both are connected to a gigabit switch - the speed is exactly the same, up to 14 MB/sec. When I had them connected to a 100Mbit/sec switch, the speed was 6.5 MB/sec.

It is due to the limited memory and weak processors in the NASes.

You may have look at the charts on the SNB site - these speeds are normal.
________
Mercedes-benz w196

Last edited:
Im transferring a 700Mb avi file, the measuring is, I have to be honest, not very scientific - using total commander, which has a pretty precise speed measurement.
Its from the linkstation to the PC.
the exact model is: LS500GL-MEU

Thanks for your time!

PS:
I bought this NAS because of your review! I have it almost 2 years now, but never had the issue, that the transfer speed is not enough. Recently I updated my PC, and added a second dvd burner, so when I burn 2 dvds at once, the transfer is not enough :) Also, when it has the potential, why not use it?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!