What's new

DLNA Folder Selection?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CTXSi

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AC68u running Merlin's 380.57 and a 3TB USB 3.0 drive attached. I want to use the DLNA feature but I can't select the specific folder(s) where I have my media. The drive has the "asusware", "download", "lost&found", and "share" folders. The share folder contains separate folders for pictures, videos, and music that I want to share. It also it has many other folders that I don't want included in the DLNA share (e.g., documents, backups, etc...). When I go to the router UI and try to select the media server path I can't see anything within "Share".

Is it possible to select subfolders for the DLNA media server?

I'd also like to know the answer here. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I swear that I used to be able to select folders deeper in the structure at some point in the past. Is it possible to just edit minidlna.conf or would that get overwritten on a reboot?

More than this, and I'll start a new thread if I should, but how would "upgrading" MiniDLNA from Entware affect the one built in to the router? Would it just integrate properly or should I disable it in the GUI and just configure it from the command-line as it would be a separate install?

I'd also like to know the answer here. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I swear that I used to be able to select folders deeper in the structure at some point in the past. Is it possible to just edit minidlna.conf or would that get overwritten on a reboot?

More than this, and I'll start a new thread if I should, but how would "upgrading" MiniDLNA from Entware affect the one built in to the router? Would it just integrate properly or should I disable it in the GUI and just configure it from the command-line as it would be a separate install?

I posted another thread about unexplained disk activity and there is a link to instructions to use custom scripts. Hope it helps you.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/unexplained-disk-activity.40237/#post-339695

I just had a laptop screen die so I might re-purpose that as a server and not use MiniDLNA on the router.

Wow, I feel dumb. That was way too easy. I just used the .add file and um, I'm done. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.