What's new

Solved DNS Server IPv6 (not working) (DHCPv6 returning wrong IPv6)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I added a script to "/jffs/configs/dnsmasq.postconf" with content:
Bash:
#!/bin/sh
#/jffs/configs/dnsmasq.postconf
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

sed -i "s/dhcp-option=lan,option6:23,.*/dhcp-option=lan,option6:23,[fe80::ea84:0000:0000:fe69]/" $CONFIG
After reboot my "dnsmasq.conf" still has "dhcp-option=lan,option6:23,fe80::ea84:0000:0000:fe69".
If I execute the "sed" command manually then the "dnsmasq.conf" is updated (brackets are added). Am I doing anything wrong?

It should be in /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

For reference, my postconf:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

## /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

sed -i "s/dhcp-option=lan,option6:23,.*/dhcp-option=lan,option6:23,[fe80::ba27:ebff:fe9f:8295]/" $1

The script is now executed (I forgor to make it executable). So I have the IPv6 of Adguard in brackets in "dnsmasq.conf".
But still the advertised IPv6 is the router IPv6.

Have you checked if my settings (first post screenshots) are correct?

The script is now executed (I forgor to make it executable). So I have the IPv6 of Adguard in brackets in "dnsmasq.conf".
But still the advertised IPv6 is the router IPv6.

Have you checked if my settings (first post screenshots) are correct?

Your DHCP page is set the same as mine, but on the IPv6 page I have 'Native' as my connection type (my route is connected to the ONT via ethernet), on this page you also need to leave 'Enable Router Advertisement' as 'Enabled' - you don't show this part of this screen.

All these shortcomings are due to passthrough mode. You can temporarily enable debug to see how 6relayd is working in this mode (after a reboot). The DNS is given as the router IP in this mode.
Code:
nvram set ipv6_debug=1
nvram commit
service reboot
You can override the DNS by manually relaunching 6relayd and adding the preferred dns server to the -n command line option (see how it looks normally with ps | grep 6relayd).

Last edited:
Can I use another mode (eg native) while still being behind my fritzbox? Right now "native" will prevent IPv6 from working (maybe I am not configuring it correctly)

I enabled debug on ipv6. What is the next step? I do not know what I shall see or look for in them.

Finally it is solved.
Here what I have done now (inspired by https://avm.de/service/wissensdaten...90/1239_IPv6-Subnetz-in-FRITZ-Box-einrichten/):
  1. Fritzbox
    • Internet > Account Information
      • 1682695870362.png
    • Internet > Online Monitor (ensure that you have the requestd prefix)
      • 1682696933455.png
    • Home Network > Network > Network Settings > IPv6 Settings
      • 1682696927713.png
    • ASUS router can now receive a /62 prefix
  2. ASUS router
    • IPv6
      • 1682697034515.png