What's new

DNScrypt dnscrypt installer for asuswrt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Kenji you may want to fully wipe the router (M&M Config and Nuclear Reset), at least the JFFS partition and your USB drive before you begin again.

The following posts may be useful to you to get a good/known install of the firmware and amtm + USB drive format + swap file + script(s). :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax88-packet-loss.62891/#post-563326

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

M&M Config https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

WPS NVRAM Erase https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...eta-is-now-available.55520/page-9#post-473141

Nuclear Reset https://www.snbforums.com/threads/major-issues-w-rt-ac86u.56342/page-4#post-495710
I highly recommend @L&LD 's guides for a successful setup.

amtm scripts
these scripts run on it. Can it be that the logs consume the RAM?
As far as I know there are several resource hungry scripts that you may want to have an additional swap for, among those are Diversion+ Pixelserv-tls (depends on size of block file), Skynet, and Scribe.
That is why it comes highly recommended by many users to use a Swap file.

Actually, it's amazing Skynet is running. It wants a 1GB swap file minimum now. :)

DI_VERSION="v2.1.5" is Now Available!
  • Added option to disable specific server names in the automatic server selection.
Can be useful when using Anonymized DNS (Relays), It is recommended not to use Server and Relay from the same provider.
Example:
I want use relay "anon-sth-se"
then i use this new option and add this server Not be used.
Code:
disabled_server_names = ['sth-dnscrypt-se']
And of course it can be used for other reasons in automatic server selection.
Big Thanks to @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for this new version :)

Last edited:
DI_VERSION="v2.1.5" is Now Available!
  • Added option to disable specific server names in the automatic server selection.
Can be useful when using Anonymized DNS (Relays), It is recommended not to use Server and Relay from the same provider.
Example:
I want use relay "anon-sth-se"
then i use this new option and add this server Not be used.
Code:
disabled_server_names = ['sth-dnscrypt-se']
And of course it can be used for other reasons in automatic server selection.
Big Thanks to @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for this new version :)
cant wait for anonymized DoH.

So I updated dnscrypt-proxy using the line in post 1, and it's up to date... but the dnscrypt-installer has *not* updated and is still 2.1.3, even though AMTM tells me 2.1.5 is available. What am I missing?

So I updated dnscrypt-proxy using the line in post 1, and it's up to date... but the dnscrypt-installer has *not* updated and is still 2.1.3, even though AMTM tells me 2.1.5 is available. What am I missing?
seems your update didn't really update try running it again but back all the way out of everything before you try requesting amtm to check for the update. You need to use the line in post 1 then you need to rerun option 1 inside the installer.

The problem is you need to use option 1 in the installer to keep the latest DI version, as you are no longer required to use line 1 of the first post. Option 1 of the installer since many many post ago will now install you the latest installer.

If I was able to , I would edit post 1 to properly let users know to run.Option 1 of the installer to get the latest DI version.

Last edited:
Fascinating... and thanks for that. I'm sure I used option 1 last time (because why else would you re-run the [curl] command? But anyway, worked this time! (Note: the condition survived several reboots over the course of a few days.) Thanks again.

Fascinating... and thanks for that. I'm sure I used option 1 last time (because why else would you re-run the [curl] command? But anyway, worked this time! (Note: the condition survived several reboots over the course of a few days.) Thanks again.
I hope it all works for you. Stay in touch about any other issues.

Code:
May  1 01:06:24 dnscrypt-proxy[27161]: dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42
May  1 01:06:24 dnscrypt-proxy[27161]: Network connectivity detected
May  1 01:06:24 dnscrypt-proxy[27161]: Source [public-resolvers] loaded
May  1 01:06:26 dnscrypt-proxy[27161]: Unable to retrieve source [relays]: [Invalid signature]
May  1 01:06:26 dnscrypt-proxy[27161]: Invalid signature
May  1 01:06:34 : Warning: dnscrypt-proxy is dead

Noticed that my network's internet went down tonight and found the above error multiple times in the syslog. Was using cloudflare's DoH servers up until now. Switched to native cloudflare DoT until this resolves, and connectivity came back..so it doesn't seem to be a cloudflare issue. Any ideas?

Code:
May  1 01:06:26 dnscrypt-proxy[27161]: Unable to retrieve source [relays]: [Invalid signature]

Noticed that my network's internet went down tonight and found the above error multiple times in the syslog. Was using cloudflare's DoH servers up until now. Switched to native cloudflare DoT until this resolves, and connectivity came back..so it doesn't seem to be a cloudflare issue. Any ideas?
Gave it a quick test here
Code:
May  1 11:12:01 izzt: Start dnscrypt-proxy
May  1 11:12:01 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42
May  1 11:12:01 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Network connectivity detected
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Source [public-resolvers] loaded
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Source [relays] loaded
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Firefox workaround initialized
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Dropping privileges
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.42
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Network connectivity detected
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Source [public-resolvers] loaded
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Source [relays] loaded
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Firefox workaround initialized
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Now listening to 127.0.1.1:53 [UDP]
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Now listening to 127.0.1.1:53 [TCP]
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: [cloudflare] OK (DoH) - rtt: 15ms
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: Server with the lowest initial latency: cloudflare (rtt: 15ms)
May  1 11:12:02 dnscrypt-proxy[5551]: dnscrypt-proxy is ready - live servers: 1
Worked fine here..at first..Would recommend to run option 1 (install/update) from di menu to get latest files.

edit1:
Hmm indeed it is a issue atm
Code:
May  1 11:39:06 dnscrypt-proxy[17444]: Unable to retrieve source [relays]: [Invalid signature]
May  1 11:39:06 dnscrypt-proxy[17444]: Invalid signature
The issue is not with the installer..i will look into this more

edit2:
The public-resolvers.md and minisig file and relays was updated BUT not the minisig file for relays.. think that is the issue here

edit3:
relays.md.minisig is now updated will retry (https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-resolvers/tree/master/v2)

edit4:
All working again here for me :)

Last edited:
Code:

Upstream issue with dnscrypt proxy 2 , I believe @Zastoff found the magic bullet

Thank you @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow and @Zastoff , I am using dnscrypt with NextDNS. It is the easiest way to use NextDNS service. It is easy to set up, the how to is perfect. Once setting up I just forgot it and it keeps running with no issue. I forced all my lan clients to use it. Thanks to you, using DoH is now an easy task !

where you took the infos?
on nextdns website, nothing anymore about dnscrypt.... stamp etc

you can still generate it using this

https://dnscrypt.info/stamps/
I dont think so, nextdns removed the infos.
There is no more infos in the endpoint about that...... and with your link it is not about v1? On v2, we just need the name server right?

In my .toml file, I ve put quad9 but I would like to add or use nextdns.

I know quad9 is : quad9-dnscrypt-ip4-filter-pri.

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

I dont think so, nextdns removed the infos.
There is no more infos in the endpoint about that...... and with your link it is not about v1? On v2, we just need the name server right?

In my .toml file, I ve put quad9 but I would like to add or use nextdns.

I know quad9 is : quad9-dnscrypt-ip4-filter-pri.

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk
Just got word from @Olivier Poitrey they will be adding it back in the setup guides themselves. They are doing reconstruction on their site.

By the way the link i gave you is for dnscrypt proxy 2 that will generate a SDNS but it wont work since you don't have the nextdns appropriate hash.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!