What's new

DOCSIS 3.1 Retail Modems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ericnix

Occasional Visitor
Does anyone know when DOCSIS 3.1 modems will start to enter the retail stores/online stores? Specifically, I'm interested in the Arris Surfboard SB8200. However, other 3.1 modems are candidates too.

Thanks!

Does anyone know when DOCSIS 3.1 modems will start to enter the retail stores/online stores? Specifically, I'm interested in the Arris Surfboard SB8200. However, other 3.1 modems are candidates too.

Thanks!

As far as I know, no D3.1 modems are in any stores yet. I'm watching the 8200 as well and plan to buy one soon after it gets into retail, probably around November or later. All we can do is watch and wait for official announcements for retail availability

It seems like the Technicolor TC4400 might also be a good product. Whoever comes to market first will likely get my business. Technicolor is trying to take on Arris head-to-head. Maybe they'll product a superior product.

Another month has gone by and still no retail availability... Emails to Arris and Technicolor have gone unanswered. sigh

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!