What's new

Does Traffic Analyzer work if DHCP is off?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

Does it still count traffic usage even if DHCP/firewall is off? I have an AC66u-B1 and before I reset everything I thought I'd ask does Traffic Analyzer count data usage even with DHCP off? Pretty much using it as a passthru device only to count traffic usage?

I'm wanting to use another router that's more basic firmware wise but lacks traffic usage like day by day (which is what I want) and using the ASUS router in the middle between the router and modem without having a double NAT to get the traffic usage?

Doesn't sound like it would work, but thought I'd at least ask.

Thanks!

The Traffic Analyzer isn't dependent on DHCP or the firewall. Provided it is still configured as a router it will still function.

However, where is the NAT device in this setup? It sounds like you want to turn off NAT on the Asus. That would mean that your "other" router is doing the NAT. So the Traffic Analyzer will only see traffic coming from one device, the "other" router's WAN IP address.

Turning off the Asus' DHCP, firewall or NAT doesn't make it a pass-through device. It's still a router and is therefore routing between two different subnets.