What's new

Domain-based VPN Routing Script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

v2.0.0 has been published to the production channel, I will look into enhancements such as using dnsmasq logs, etc in a future release.

Thats what I noticed... If you want that type of bypass I would recommend x3mrouting though it doesn't work with wireguard. Plus it seems to be dead meaning out of active development =(
It works if you properly add all of the domains associated with the service for now as I have previously stated but that requires some work on your end to do that which I understand isn't simple, I am looking into future enhancements with later versions to help with this.

It works if you properly add all of the domains associated with the service for now as I have previously stated but that requires some work on your end to do that which I understand isn't simple, I am looking into future enhancements with later versions to help with this.
That would be awesome! Thanks for the great work.

I read somewhere that Moldova and couple other counties VPN is blocking all YouTube ads! I tried it and it works like a charm, However, try to figure out the hundreds streaming domains they are using for selective routing 🤔

I read somewhere that Moldova and couple other counties VPN is blocking all YouTube ads! I tried it and it works like a charm, However, try to figure out the hundreds streaming domains they are using for selective routing 🤔
I use IPvFoo plugin in Chrome to help with that.

1688673768438.png

is there a way to add bunch of domains at once? or have to be done one by one?
The readme will give you guidance on this but yes.

What settings do I need to apply on VPN Director Rules? Now all my traffic goes through wgc1 if i add rule with local ip «0.0.0.0/24» and iface «wgc1». Or maybe i need to do something in WG client settings.
Also is it any way to check IPs trough wgc1, not wan? My ISP sending back his own webpage with his own IP, not the actual IP of domain.
And now i am having massage «domain_vpn_routing: Debug - failed to set WAN1GWIFNAME» all over my log)

Last edited:
What settings do I need to apply on VPN Director Rules? Now all my traffic goes through wgc1 if i add rule with local ip «0.0.0.0/24» and iface «wgc1». Or maybe i need to do something in WG client settings.
Also is it any way to check IPs trough wgc1, not wan? My ISP sending back his own webpage with his own IP, not the actual IP of domain.
And now i am having massage «domain_vpn_routing: Debug - failed to set WAN1GWIFNAME» all over my log)
I will check the logic for this to allow null values.

Hi all, I'm trying to accomplish something seemingly simple, but can't figure it out. Maybe someone can help... I want to whitelist certain domains. So all traffic goes through VPN except for specific domains (let's take google.com as an example). I tried adding google.com to a policy assigned to WAN while in VPN Director I configure the client to go through VPN, but that doesn't lead to the desired result. Any pointers maybe? Any help is much appreciated!

Hi all, actually, I found that applying a policy to WAN actually does what I want it to do, but I can't seem to catch all necessary domains (for an app on an Apple TV that dislikes VPN). How can I monitor all outgoing connections from the Apple TV? The traffic history in the QoS section doesn't seem to catch all domains... Thank you in advance for any pointers!

Hi all, actually, I found that applying a policy to WAN actually does what I want it to do, but I can't seem to catch all necessary domains (for an app on an Apple TV that dislikes VPN). How can I monitor all outgoing connections from the Apple TV? The traffic history in the QoS section doesn't seem to catch all domains... Thank you in advance for any pointers!
7 Posts above.... if the app has a corresponding website, you can use chrome plugin IPvFoo to determine associated domains accordingly.

Thanks for your answer. I read that, maybe I should have stated that. It doesn't really help as the apps on the Apple TV seem to query other domains.

Only other I would know is Wireshark with a NIC in monitor/promiscuous mode. Launch the app, then watch wireshark (look for AppleTV ip address) and see where it is connecting to. It's a bit more beyond the scope I can teach and I do not recall if wireshark captures domain names, I think it only does IP addresses. Then a reverse ip to domain lookup maybe. Alot of work.

After upgrading to latest version, even if it upgrades smooth, it always shows error.

Also If I force reinstall of v2, it correctly reinstalls but throws an error saying it was impossible to reinstall

After upgrading to latest version, even if it upgrades smooth, it always shows error.

Also If I force reinstall of v2, it correctly reinstalls but throws an error saying it was impossible to reinstall
Without logs I can't help you very much.

Without logs I can't help you very much.
The logs says exactly the same ☺️ I'll do a "set -x".

Edit: note I think it's only a logger error message, because the update is correctly done.
I deliberately changed checksum, as I added the line set -x.
Screenshot-2023-08-12-08-58-10-463-com-server-auditor-ssh-client.jpg

Last edited:
The logs says exactly the same ☺️ I'll do a "set -x".

Edit: note I think it's only a logger error message, because the update is correctly done.
I deliberately changed checksum, as I added the line set -x.
Screenshot-2023-08-12-08-58-10-463-com-server-auditor-ssh-client.jpg
Do you have a curl installed at /usr/sbin/curl?

EDIT:

I actually think I see what's going on here, I'll try a fix in the next beta I'm releasing soon.

Hey, I just registered to thanks for your job. It works flawless streaming H..M.X :) It was more manual to config than x3mRouting, but it's working so far...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!