What's new

Domotz acquires Fing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
Domotz, a provider of home intelligence and remote tech support systems today announced it has acquired Fing, the world's #1 network scanning app.

domotz_n_fing.jpg

Launched in 2011, the Fing app enables users to quickly scan a network and see all connected devices, evaluate security levels, detect intruders and resolve network issues. Fing has had over 12 million app downloads and 6 million active users who perform over 600,000 network scans a day.

The Domotz Pro monitoring system launched in 2014 and has been chosen to power maintenance service contracts by thousands of AV integrators around the world.

Fing and Domotz teams will continue working on the existing Fing app as well as new monitoring systems for home and professional users. Fing and Domotz plan to introduce their first joint product for home users in the second half of 2016.

As always, the Fing app will continue to be free for all new and existing users.

And what is the cost and various product levels of this product line? I am asking just to add clarity to such an intriguing product introduction.

Hey there! Sorry I guess we did not include enough product information :) We have amended this information. To give you more details, Domotz Pro is a software for network monitoring geared towards professionals. It costs $2.99 a month per network for monitoring an unlimited number of devices. More details on pricing and features can be found here: https://www.domotz.com/remote-tech-support-system-pricing/

Domotz, a provider of home intelligence and remote tech support systems today announced it has acquired Fing, the world's #1 network scanning app.

Just hope that Domotz doesn't "jobs" fing - fing is/was pretty awesome as a stand-alone product...

Just hope that Domotz doesn't "jobs" fing - fing is/was pretty awesome as a stand-alone product...
Hey! I am from Domotz here. We know that Fing is really loved for it's simple and efficient interface, because it's free and easy to use. We are definitely not going to jobs Fing. Our partnership with Fing is going to be focused producing some new monitoring products too. The Fing team will now be able to focus on Fing full-time.

Hey! I am from Domotz here. We know that Fing is really loved for it's simple and efficient interface, because it's free and easy to use.

And if one goes with the full-on package, Fing is incredibly powerful.

Hey! I am from Domotz here. We know that Fing is really loved for it's simple and efficient interface, because it's free and easy to use. We are definitely not going to jobs Fing. Our partnership with Fing is going to be focused producing some new monitoring products too. The Fing team will now be able to focus on Fing full-time.

I love your enthusiasm and your naivety too. Of course that is what the employees were told.

Fing was already working on Fing full time, was it not? ;)

What will actually happen depends on where this acquisition will be best monetized.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!