What's new

[Download] Asuswrt source code links removed ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kernol

Very Senior Member
Has anyone else found it impossible to find download links to asuswrt source code?

In the fairly recent past - you simply had to select "Others" as operating system under Drivers & Tools for your model - then click Firmware - expand all ... and the latest source code link was available.

I have tried a number of site locations - USA- UK - RSA etc ... and none show the source code links anymore?

Is this the beginning of the end for access to Asus Open Source GPL ?? :eek:

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/
upload_2019-4-29_15-11-54.png

Could be a temporary issue with their website.

Asus providing GPL code is not gonna stop anytime soon. First reason being they are legally required to do so.

Many thanks ... and my apologies ... - should have tried different browsers before I posted :rolleyes:.

Turns out Chrome won't produce the goods - but both FireFox and Edge will - go figure :(.

Many thanks ... and my apologies ... - should have tried different browsers before I posted :rolleyes:.

Turns out Chrome won't produce the goods - but both FireFox and Edge will - go figure :(.
I can confirm this odd behavior, have seen it frequently on the Asus site: the results vary depending on browser used, whether mobile or desktop, every variant needs to be checked if you get a mysterious "not found" result on their site (for an item that you know "should" be there).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!