What's new

DownloadMaster rt-ac57u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maxvat22

New Around Here
Hello i dont know if this was posted already but i a few day's ago i bought an asus rt-ac57u and in the panel i have download master after i connected the external hard drive of 1tb usb 3.0 and check'ed with the installer it isnt working at all it just says after making swap partition the remote server is not responding change'd the dns server but noting at all except sometime's it start's and goes up to 60-70 percent and back to the same point with the remote server is not responding i even tried ssh'ing it and trying to install with ipkg manually but hopeless.
Neither the ipkg update works it doesnt connect to asus servers but diffrent apps like htop or nano works like a charm to install.

Some advice please in this situation ? Im thinking that asus maybe abandoned the downloadmaster but on their website the how to do it is still there...Thank's in advice and sorry about my english

DM has been a disaster forever ...
Yeah i have read about that but still want to download files and store them on the external hdd without being connected to the pc maybe i want to download something overnight without leaving the pc hanging on , nobody can come up with a workaround?

Last edited:
Hello i dont know if this was posted already but i a few day's ago i bought an asus rt-ac57u and in the panel i have download master after i connected the external hard drive of 1tb usb 3.0 and check'ed with the installer it isnt working at all it just says after making swap partition the remote server is not responding change'd the dns server but noting at all except sometime's it start's and goes up to 60-70 percent and back to the same point with the remote server is not responding i even tried ssh'ing it and trying to install with ipkg manually but hopeless.
Neither the ipkg update works it doesnt connect to asus servers but diffrent apps like htop or nano works like a charm to install.

Some advice please in this situation ? Im thinking that asus maybe abandoned the downloadmaster but on their website the how to do it is still there...Thank's in advice and sorry about my english
Download Master has always been quirky...sometimes I can connect to it, other times cannot. My RT-AC68W in Router Mode can use an external HD as a network server for music etc; but it cannot use DM. I can install DM; but cannot reach the DM GUI. However, my RT-N66 in AP mode CAN use download master. Both routers have current updates, factory default reset after flashing latest firmware, sanitized the home network, haven't done any port forwarding etc. I don't know why. The AC68W has in the past been able to use DM; but not for several months now. So it appears some Asus models can use DM more reliably.

Download Master has always been quirky...sometimes I can connect to it, other times cannot. My RT-AC68W in Router Mode can use an external HD as a network server for music etc; but it cannot use DM. I can install DM; but cannot reach the DM GUI. However, my RT-N66 in AP mode CAN use download master. Both routers have current updates, factory default reset after flashing latest firmware, sanitized the home network, haven't done any port forwarding etc. I don't know why. The AC68W has in the past been able to use DM; but not for several months now. So it appears some Asus models can use DM more reliably.
You could try getting a used RT-N Asus router for cheap, seeing if it is able to use DM in AP mode on your home network.

It is a firmware issue! If you go for older firmware about 1 year ago it will work on 68U/W like ever (slow but working), with newer firmwares you can install once but not access DM window, well known (to me).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!