What's new

DS411 or DS411+ II for HTPC?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Praz

New Around Here
I've been reading these forums for quite some time and decided it is time to register in hopes of some expert advice. I'm looking to expand the storage capabilities of my HTPC. I realize there are quite a few different ways I could go about this but have pretty much settled on either the DS411 or DS411+ II. The NAS will be pretty much dedicated for use by the HTPC although I won't rule out it being access by other machines from time to time. Is there anything the + II will bring that justifies the added cost in this scenario?

Thanks for the replies. Peter, I searched the forum before posting and sure didn't see your thread. Not sure how I missed it. I'm leaning towards the DS411 myself. I'm just not sure there might be something I'm not seeing that would make the DS411+ II a better option even though it is quite a bit more expensive.

Steve, 2TB is what I have now and am almost out of space. I have a couple of video stores so have access to a lot of movies. The movie library is a big hit when we have friends drop by the house.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!